Better eCig batteries ?

MacDiver

Newly Enlightened
In another post someone said that there was better now but didn't say what.
I'm a vaper using e- cig mods for six years. I have not smoked since. I use a Reos Mod using 14500s and 1.5 Low Resistance atomizers to vape at 5v to get the heat I enjoy. I had been using AWs but at $10 a battery changed to Klarus 800s.
So my question is what is better than those that is cost effective?
Thanks

ven

Flashaholic
There are not many 14500's to choose from, afaik sanyo 840mah are the highest capacity and iirc they are a bit longer than the 800mah sanyo's.

I vape with 18650's, or 2 of them to be exact in a dual mod. This way my vape time lasts almost a day! Not always convenient going up in size, but you soon get use to it. They are not too bad these days for size, fairly compact to what they were 12m back. I run 2x vtc6 or vtc5 usually.

MacDiver

Newly Enlightened
I googled the Saynos. Some appear do say flat top and unprotected. Can I use flat top and unprotected? I don't know what the terms mean. My Reos Mods are the mini. All mechanical with a spring at the bottom that colapses if there is a short. Push the button and power flows to peice of brass I think straight to the atomizer or cartomizers. They ae about the same price or less as the Klarus. I thought Batts with a button has protector circuits and flat ones not. I think I'm supposed to use protection. Suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Protected batteries dont really mix with vape mods. Better imo to have unprotected(without the PCB they are a few mm shorter, this can be a difference of fitting or not). All cells are flat top, the button is added later on along with a PCB by a manufacturer(or their source). So you can get unprotected button tops.

For your mod i would look at a high drain 14500, unfortunately there is not that much choice. Efest have been OK for me as well as AWT brand.

Not sure what ohm coil/s your using, what is the amps? This is important on the cell used for vaping. Some mods(well all the ones i have had) would not fit protected cells, in fact even button top unprotected are too long. These are 18650 though, only flat top high drains used.

If 14500, AWT and efest flat top(unless your mod requires button top) would be my choice of cell.

ven

Flashaholic
Welcome, not too much choice out there unfortunately

I have gone even bigger! 20700's now

Hopefully they should last a day:D