• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

DC2 / 18650 Model

okluma

Enlightened
Okluma now has an official 18650 light, otherwise known as the DC2. It's running our version of the mtn-17dd, Nichia 219cs, and an Omten reverse clicky switch. We've only made a few of them, but expect to have a much larger batch out by December. They'll be available in aluminum, titanium, copper, and brass. All DC2s come with a Sanyo NCR18650GA. Copper and brass versions come with a sapphire lens. Stylish DC2 cigar boxes are on the way.

20987144_1897672977116662_1976764285736452096_n.jpg

21294734_131342897488184_3463417092978507776_n.jpg

okluma

Enlightened
There are a couple different ways to go on firmware for the mtn-17dd. Bistro from Toykeeper is a good option. We're working on our own firmware, but it's not currently programmable.

Yeah, we can definitely put in an H17F.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple different ways to go on firmware for the mtn-17dd. Bistro from Toykeeper is a good option. We're working on our own firmware, but it's not currently programmable.

Yeah, we can definitely put in an H17F.
Thanks Sir. I would love to put an H17F. ;)

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feels like you changed the pictures on the website...either way, they look slick. Can't wait till the DC2 is officially released! Time to start saving up.

okluma

Enlightened
Feels like you changed the pictures on the website...either way, they look slick. Can't wait till the DC2 is officially released! Time to start saving up.

Yeah... We spent some time cleaning up the website so it was less sketchy.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, btw... will an H17F be easy to program via a reverse clicky?
Depends on the person, I personally find programming to be very difficult with a reverse clicky, but YMMV.

Glad to see this come to fruition, congrats Jeff!

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would imagine it is easier. All of the progammable drivers bistro, guppy, crescendo, A6 are better off with reverse clickies.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on the person, I personally find programming to be very difficult with a reverse clicky, but YMMV.

Glad to see this come to fruition, congrats Jeff!
I would imagine it is easier. All of the progammable drivers bistro, guppy, crescendo, A6 are better off with reverse clickies.
Thanks guys. Would this mean full clicks 8 times to enter to programming or 1 full click then half clicks 8 times?

;)

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. Would this mean full clicks 8 times to enter to programming or 1 full click then half clicks 8 times?

;)

Turn light on. Half press 8 times. While in programming you only half press. You never need to click the light again unless you need to turn it off such as thermal setting.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe if you don't use the FET channels.

I agree with Devin, I didn't like Luci2 on a reverse clicky. The double click shortcut was particularly annoying
1. Reverse clicky can withstand the FET channels?

2. What particular part of the UI made the double click annoying - is it right after full click? or during the half clicks?

okluma

Enlightened

It's just different. It was a bit frustrating when you're used to a forward clicky the first few times, but after that it's just as easy.

Would forward clicky be an option ?

Yes, we're certainly going to try and fit the McClicky into the light. I'm pretty sure we can do it, but we haven't done it yet. It's not at the top of the list though, but it is on the list. We will have to drop the output to keep the McClicky from melting.

1. Reverse clicky can withstand the FET channels?

2. What particular part of the UI made the double click annoying - is it right after full click? or during the half clicks?

Yes, the reverse clicky switches will take a lot of current, much more than we're running through them. Personally, I found having to turn the light on first before entering programming mode was annoying at first. But after a few times, it's fine.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, we're certainly going to try and fit the McClicky into the light. I'm pretty sure we can do it, but we haven't done it yet. It's not at the top of the list though, but it is on the list. We will have to drop the output to keep the McClicky from melting....

Thanks. I'm willing to forego max output, in exchange for momentary actuation.