My AceBeam k70 arrived.

Billy Light

Newly Enlightened
I live in a residential neighborhood and I can't believe the amount of lite this flashlight puts out. Its unbelievable.. I am very happy with this purchase I never owned a flashlight like it...
After the police left I had to explain that it was something I purchased online and I won't shine it anymore in the neighborhood. The police said it was a good idea if I got rid of it.
I told the police I just got it and i won't get rid of it ever..
The other cop told me to just be careful with my flashlight as he pulls out his own mini flashlight and shines it in my eyes as he laughs.

Billy Light

Newly Enlightened
Yes......Having a flashlight like this you should live on a farm or somewhere with big fields.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought mine twelve months ago, because it was generating a lot of attention in the flashlight forums, and also to widen the scope of my collection. I had, at that point, only collected power flooders. I was surprised at how impressed I was with its extreme capabilities. This is the item that got me interested in throw, instead of only pure flood. I use it, and its TN counterpart, and even more powerful lights, in a residential neighborhood, and I have never had a run in with the police. People in the neighborhood see that I use high performance flashlights, but so far, no complaints; just requests about "What kind of flashlight is that? Where can I get that kind of flashlight?"

Billy Light

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine twelve months ago, because it was generating a lot of attention in the flashlight forums, and also to widen the scope of my collection. I had, at that point, only collected power flooders. I was surprised at how impressed I was with its extreme capabilities. This is the item that got me interested in throw, instead of only pure flood. I use it, and its TN counterpart, and even more powerful lights, in a residential neighborhood, and I have never had a run in with the police. People in the neighborhood see that I use high performance flashlights, but so far, no complaints; just requests about "What kind of flashlight is that? Where can I get that kind of flashlight?"
I live in Minnesota.... What state do you live in?

harro

Enlightened
Congratulations on your purchase. On a slightly different tack to responsibility during use, be aware of the requirement to open this light, and its brother K60 at the head end, and not the tailcap, for charging of cells. Opening and closing at the tailcap could result in a possible deformation of the spring assembly and subsequent electrical shorting of the carrier. Both my K60 and K70 had dry tailcap threads and the tailcaps were removable ( they are pretty early production ). I think A/B glued later ones so they could only be undone at the head end. Evidently this minimizes the risk heaps. Both my lights now have loctited tailcaps.

None of this alters the fact that it is a beast of a thrower, and a really nice light to own. No worries with the coppers here, and also a little interest from the neighbours, although I seem to get the idea that they think how can the K70 be that much better than a plastic 2D incan from the local thrift shop.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on a great new thrower.

The 70's build quality and UI are second to none. Enjoy!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on a great new thrower.

The 70's build quality and UI are second to none. Enjoy!

Billy Light

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys and gals for all the reply's... I really love the AceBeam K70..
I ordered a Imalent DT70 that will arrive tomorrow, i hope i am impressed with the DT70 as i am with the K70.