Olight s1a NW. Normal or problem?

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I bought an s1a nw about 2 weeks ago and have noticed something I didn't expect. Reviews state that the light memorized moonlight and turbo. My particular light has no problem memorizing moonlight but seems to loose its memory of turbo and go to medium after some time. I haven't really been able to scientifically measure how long it takes but I know I leave my light in turbo during the day and if I havent used it for some time (hour or two? Maybe less) It comes on in medium and I have to hold to turbo. Fwiw the manual does specifically state its supposed to memorize moonlight but doesn't explicitly mention turbo as being memorized, though the light absolutely does for at least some time. I'm using an Olight 14500, I have tried the other one, both had been freshly charged going in. Has anybody else noticed this in theirs?

ven

Flashaholic
I would say your olight 14500 cell can not hold turbo for long before the voltage sags and drops to medium. Maybe try a high drain 14500, this should sustain turbo before stepping down with heat.

ven

Flashaholic
It could simply be a voltage drop also, the 14500 cells dont hold much juice, will not take that long to drop bellow 3.8v(example). Then it will struggle holding the turbo level with sag.....................Small lights like this are better used in turbo for short blasts(in seconds not minutes)and with higher drain cells.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
It doesn't seem to be an issue holding turbo because I can use turbo no problem. The issue is in memorizing it. If I have it set to turbo and a couple minutes later give it one click to go to last memorized mode it goes to turbo. But after time that one click gets me medium. I don't think its the batteries beucase they both work fine in this light as well as my sc52 d and w.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
... Reviews state that the light memorized moonlight and turbo.
my sincere apology as I'm one of the reviewer that did not state clearly how the memory on Turbo and High mode works in Olight S1A.
Both Turbo and High mode will only be memorized for 10 minutes after your last use.

The mode memory is more confusing when you put unscrewing the tailcap (either for battery recharging or replacement) into the equation as this will reset the Turbo and High modes immediately but Olight seems to be experimenting with their implementation of mode-memorization across different models. :candle:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Ahh. Exactly the info I was looking for. Good to know. So ill just make sure I double click every time I want turbo. Thanks for the help.

ven

Flashaholic
Great stuff, that is a bit crazy having a 10m timer ..............wonder why:thinking: Glad sorted:)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great stuff, that is a bit crazy having a 10m timer ..............wonder why:thinking: Glad sorted:)
indeed, good info
guessing olight's motivation was to protect against accidental activation in turbo when the light is being carried..

also agree with the OP, double click for turbo guarantees a consistent result