Opinions on the UST 30 or 60 day lanterns, or other good lanterns for power outages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

When Hurricane Irma left us, she took our electrical power with her for a couple days.

I know I shouldn't have, but when bright light was needed, I used a Coleman propane lantern indoors for short durations.

Propane gas and mantles are a pain in emergency situations, so I'm looking for a good, bright LED, battery powered lantern.

I saw some mentions of a UST 30 day lantern here, but they were all older posts, and we know how these lights and their components change rather quickly at times.

I've been looking at a UST 30 day lantern, model# 20-PL20C3D-15, and it looks like it might do the job. The 60 day, model #20-PLN0C6D002 looks good too.

I value the opinions of CandlePower Forum members concerning lights more than any others I might find on the Internet.

If you own one of these or have experience with them, please tell me about it.

And I'll of course be interested in hearing about any other alkaline or lithium (not rechargeable) disposable battery powered lanterns good for use during extended power outages.

Thanks you guys. And I really hope all of you never have to experience anything like Irma. What a *itch she was.

Take care.

Last edited:

mickeyfinn

Newly Enlightened
Re: Opinions on the UST 30 day lantern, or other good lanterns for power outages?

I want to get a lantern, or at least order some kind of good one, over the weekend. So any help on this question will be greatly appreciated.

At this point, I guess I'm power-outage paranoid.

At least we have a gas stove which meant we could cook stuff while the power was out, until what we had in the refrigerator went bad.

Irma was the hurricane from hell, or at the least, she was from a hotter area of purgatory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.