Dog walking light with clip

FMcamaroZ28

Newly Enlightened
Looking for small light, ideally can clip to leash, for walking our dog. Minimum 800 lumens. Need to throw 100yds or more. Considering Olight S1R. But on "turbo" that thing burns out quick.

Checklist:
1) Purchase light online
2) Budget upto $200
3) Flashlight type
4) Small-Medium size. Would like to clip to leash of 50lb dog
5) LED
6) Traditional Manuf sourced
7) Lithium 18650 or CR123 or built in pack for battery
8) Search of approx 100 yds.
9) Wide throw/flood for walking.
10) Up to 60 Min run time
11) Very important durability
12) any switch
13) any UI
14) Alum
15) some waterproof rating
16) In house storage

Thanks!

Keitho

Enlightened
1000 lumens for an hour is right in the wheelhouse of a single 18650. There are probably hundreds of options in that category that meet your other criteria. Maybe the most important feature to narrow down the choices is beam type: wider flood, spot/flood combo, or narrow spot?

For me, for an outdoor light, my next feature that I focus on is light color and quality. I prefer warmer, especially at night (3500-5000 K), and try to get higher CRI too (color rendering index is more important to some than others; to me, outdoor colors look much better with at least a CRI of 90). That will help narrow down the choices more.

For durability, depending on the type of use you expect, you might consider limiting the search to lights with a bezel that extends a bit beyond the lens, to protect the lens from a clanking leash and other sources of scratches.

If all that sounds overwhelming, maybe try one or two $20-$40 options to see what you like first in terms of color, beam type, and CRI. Maybe a jaxman E2 Nichia, Emisar D4 Nichia version, or others from the good choices others will come up with.

Best of luck!