X7 olight marauder

roverich

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys . got me a new olight and am having issues with it .. Charged the included battery's . installed them , tested the light .. Great light but the battery's die after a week or two of sitting dormant in the light .. Went to grab it for a quick peek in the backyard and it was dead .. Grabbed the it javelot and it still had power .. What gives ? Any ideas why it dies off and not the other olight ?

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: X9 olight marauder

I would consider doing the same test over again. Charge the lights batteries completely and wait a couple of weeks and see if it is dead again. If it is I would probably contact Olight directly.

I can't recall anybody else who has mentioned this problem as of yet. Any chance you accidentally left the light on in its lowest output after last use and didn't notice it?

Anyone have any other input?

roverich

Newly Enlightened
Re: X9 olight marauder

Probably didn't leave the light on . fresh charged battery's installed . checked light for function . will try the test again ...thanks for you're reply .. By the way . I got the olight bundle with charger and olight branded battery's ..

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Certainly not something I wanted to hear! Just started a thread ( Olight X7 apprehension ) as I am considering the same light. Trying to decide between the X7 with unprotected high drains or the X7 kit with Olight batteries and charger which I believe is what you have. Any issues maintaining Turbo S mode for the claimed 2.5 minutes with the included batteries? Just wondering if the protection circuit in these batteries could be the cause of some of these issues. Good luck and please keep us posted. By the way, where did you purchase yours from?

caelanseth

Newly Enlightened
So this is happening with the Olight batteries? Hmm, interesting. I am throwing around the idea of buying an X7, like Puffcat, certainly not something I wanted to hear. Have you tried it with other unprotected high drain batteries?

roverich

Newly Enlightened
Have not tried with other battery's .. I bought the light from a olight vendor though .. I have been working overtime and haven't had time to visit him and discuss options on what to do .. Thinking on returning it and upgrading to the 12,000 lumen x7r though .. This weekend I will be able to see him .. Thinking about getting the orbtronic battery's ..

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have an X7 that works great using the included Olight High Drain protected batteries?

TRK

Newly Enlightened
I have the X7 with both the Olight HD batteries and the Samsung Q30 batteries. I've had no issues with either set of batteries and mainly use the Olight batteries in the light. It holds the turbo S mode without issues for me but then I usually don't use that mode for more than a minute or two.

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Appreciate the input on using the Olight cells. Perhaps the Turbo S issues were with earlier versions of these.

roverich

Newly Enlightened
So I figured I would try the light after a couple of days . no power . took the battery's out and checked them in the charger . 2.85 volts . so mabey it is a battery issue . before I contact olight directly . I will try the battery's I ordered . the orbtronic 3500 mah from Amazon . there supposed to be here by 8 pm .. Then have to charge .. Will update when I try that ...

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Definitely keep us posted. I "bit the bullet" this morning and ordered the kit version from Going Gear. Seems everyone has reduced prices on these now so maybe Olight is phasing them out in favor of the X7R. I prefer the removable batteries though and the X7 with Olight HDC protected batteries and the Miboxer C4 charger was just under $200.00 with a discount code. Will post my impressions when I get it.

roverich

Newly Enlightened
Yup . i got the orbtronic batterys from amazon , charged them and the light works , but only works sporadicly .. So a trip to the vendor tomorrow ..Figured i would try a second set of batterys .. Always use extra batterys ... So the x7r has non removable batterys ? Guess that option is out then ,,,

roverich

Newly Enlightened
OK . so I finally got to go and see the flashlight vendor today . he exchanged the defective x7 and I have batteries charging as we speak .. Real good day today . hot a small manker 4aa model from Amazon and the replacement x7 and a sr mini intimidator 2 happened to follow me home as well ..

roverich

Newly Enlightened
So the test is completed .. Fired up the x7. . comes on , clicks through the stages and goes to turbo with no issues . I am guessing either bum battery's or a defective light .. Either way . the replacement is in my hands and loving it ....