Flashlights DIY FIX

Nichia!

Banned
Hi

I had this idea today so I thought to share it with you my brothers.

In this thread we will discuss the broken Flashlights and how to fix them at home.
This is better than sending them to the manufacturer and waiting for them for months + it would be awesome to fix our broken lights here and share all the info here. And it will be great reference for all people who seek help and advice.

Now let's start with me!:(

Today is one of these days when you open the drawer and pull out your light and hit the button and nothing!! Very Very bad day:(

That's what's happened to my Ti Tool:(
It was working perfectly yesterday and now it's dead for no reason at all!!
So I tried everything changed the battery, clean the contact points, clean the threads, check the the tail cap etc etc
So after doing all of that now am Certain that the problem is coming from the head (driver)
So I opened it up and found out some of the components are broken!! And I can't fix it because they are so tiny.
Am thinking about buying a new driver for it so does anyone know where to find these drivers?
1ee90575f9c6795855b84de2bbc70971.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thats poor!! Breaking in a draw............Does not give me confidence with my two. One though i did have on my work keys for a bit and that is a tough life! No issue so far luckily.
Vinh uses one of his drivers for his TOOLvn's. Maybe look on mtn electronics, even email Richard for a suitable driver. Measure the size and see what he has(sure someone will know which/what driver will work). Also depend if you want to stick with AAA loop fuel or go 10440 3.7v and have a HUGE output.:D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Man what a drag!!

I thought this was going to be a "how to" thread....

Like it was going to show what tweezers, jeweler eyepiece and soldering iron tip would be best...

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats poor!! Breaking in a draw............Does not give me confidence with my two. One though i did have on my work keys for a bit and that is a tough life! No issue so far luckily.
Vinh uses one of his drivers for his TOOLvn's. Maybe look on mtn electronics, even email Richard for a suitable driver. Measure the size and see what he has(sure someone will know which/what driver will work). Also depend if you want to stick with AAA loop fuel or go 10440 3.7v and have a HUGE output.:D
Sure someone does know what drivers work ;)

Richard actually sells replacement Tool drivers. Search MTN for this:
AA / AAA Small Boost Drivers - Various Models & Modes

FET drivers do not really work well in the electronic tailcap TiTool but if you have a normal Tool you can use this driver:
FET Driver - 12mm - Single-sided - MTN-12DD-This is what Vinh rebrands as DriverVN2

And this MCPCB
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sinkpad XP 10mm Copper MCPCB[/FONT]