EBL 26650 Batteries and Charger

mobilerd

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have experience with the EBL 26650 batteries and charger? If not what would you recommend?

gnappi

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have experience with the EBL 26650 batteries and charger? If not what would you recommend?

I have 8 of the EBL 26650 cells that I bought to replace some of the 18650 cells in 4 flashlights (three single cell 3 mode, and one 3 cell single mode) that I had the adapter tubes in. They freed up some 18650's as a bonus.

Other than the expected bit of added weight the run time of the "claimed" 5000 mAh EBL seems much longer (anecdotal and not scientific for sure and I generally don't have time for this type of test) than the ~3000 mAh (+/-) cells (mostly new pulls from laptop packs) but I haven't deliberately discharged them to 3 volts or so and recharged, nor have I run them hard and long at full brightness. I use them as most flashlight users likely would, ~40-50 seconds at most per use.

I recharge them in my Xtar charger (it only holds 3 cells at one time) but since I haven't drained them to 3.0 to 3.2 v to see what the charger "thinks" it's replenishing the cells to I can't say how far off they are from claimed 5000 mAH, I suspect it's quite a bit. So, they're inexpensive and overall for my purposes cannot justify more expensive batteries, but YMMV if your demands are greater than mine.