offroading event

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
had a club event last weekend. got to use a coupled Mac lights for the campfire sessions, and showing off, and got to relax.

nothing extreme at all this trip for me, but some others had some bad luck on a hill climb. they ended up with broken front driveshaft, broken rear locker, broken axle, bend axle housing busted up steering wheel, busted tail light. stuff broke at the top of the hill climb, and they went back down uncontrolled... no major injuries, but the jeep will be down for some time for repairs.

My Subaru was without low range in one of the t-cases, so I was a bit limited, but still had some fun...

here's dash cam from one of the runs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05kYULvhVOA&feature=youtu.be

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My coworkers says his next door neighbor carts his Jeep to every event he attends.

Not because it won't make it to the event, but because of the likliehood it won't make it from the event.

It's tough on equipment but fun while it lasts...

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My coworkers says his next door neighbor carts his Jeep to every event he attends.

Not because it won't make it to the event, but because of the likliehood it won't make it from the event.

It's tough on equipment but fun while it lasts...

yeah! my first time at this place I had so many spare parts since I drove the 3 hours to get there with my Rig. been on a trailer ever since. a lot more relaxing that way.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A few years ago one of my neighbors was doing a soup'd up Chevy truck. You needed a small step ladder to climb in the thing.
Well about an hour after he went blasting down our street it came home on a flatbed. Dude had not changed the rear end from stock.

I really thought the guy was a complete idiot until the day he went flying down the street on a bar stool. Yup a bar stool with a top speed of like 60mph.

Later he morphed a Suzuki Samuri with a golf cart... but the monster truck has a tree growing between the front bumper and the grill... he got married and his bride put the kay-bosh on all of his toys and now he drives a mini van.

But another fellow I worked with once built a rock climber. Trouble was it was his daily... which is why he lost that job. Too many Monday no shows from breaking another something-or-other...

Have fun out there and always protect your melon.

irongate

Enlightened
yeah! my first time at this place I had so many spare parts since I drove the 3 hours to get there with my Rig. been on a trailer ever since. a lot more relaxing that way.

If you ever come to Hot Spring Ar to off road park let me know. People come her from all over and the big rock boys come here couple of times for national events
Be safe out there. Always carry about 7 lights in the Jeep here 20 minutes from the park.
AJOS