Surefire tactician

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it seems this is going to production. At first I could care less. However the final appears to have an e Series body and the lanyard loop. Twisty tailcap. I would have liked to see the reintroduction of the 2 stage tailcap. However, a twisty is doable for me. Low is achieved by loosening the head. The best part is it appears to be using the maxvision beam! Price my be around 150. I wasn't going to get one but now I will. Tactical response has them listed in thier page for 150. Not available yet.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooh yeah I am 100% in on this.

Love the head position for hi/lo. Can leave it in either position & treat it as a single mode vs. cycle-thru or staged tailcap. Like the old nitecore multi task & their klarus equivalents. Can't pre order yet. I'll only start to believe this is happening when they know they have some incoming.

Last edited:

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooh yeah I am 100% in on this.

Love the head position for hi/lo. Can leave it in either position & treat it as a single mode vs. cycle-thru or staged tailcap. Like the old nitecore multi task & their klarus equivalents. Can't pre order yet. I'll only start to believe this is happening when they know they have some incoming.
Yes, we all know surefire will talk something up and never release it. Time will tell. Lol

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any recent news about it? (except the three youtube videos)
Edit: Sorry, I didn't completely read the first post.

Last edited:

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that's the latest video from Yeager. I'm just glad to see it isn't another damn clicky single mode. I know Yeager wanted a twisty tailcap so atleast they listened. I still would have like to have seen the 2 stage tailcap from the a2, l1 lx2 etc days. I'm also glad it isn't tir! 700 lumens from a reflector is going to be nice. 7 lumen low is ok. I'll be preordering if and when it comes

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
At 2:19 when he hits the momentary, it sure looks awfully cool. Hard to tell on camera, but.... I know, I know, it's built as a tac light, temp shouldn't matter, and even if it did, cool should probably be preferred...but dammit, I'm becoming a snob. :) Who am I kidding, I'm probably still in. (I'll probably play with it for a week and then take a bath on it in the BST.)

arKmm

Enlightened
Just had a look at the videos, this is a great development by Surefire and Yaeger. Everything on it seems so well thought out.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 2:19 when he hits the momentary, it sure looks awfully cool. Hard to tell on camera, but.... I know, I know, it's built as a tac light, temp shouldn't matter, and even if it did, cool should probably be preferred...but dammit, I'm becoming a snob. :) Who am I kidding, I'm probably still in. (I'll probably play with it for a week and then take a bath on it in the BST.)
Lol! Yes you and me both. I'll get it and say yeah it isn't bad, then go back to am A2! [emoji38]

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw Yeager's preliminary videos about this light earlier in the planning phase. I really like it, even though it offers little advantage over my current Elzetta set up. If this user interface were to replace the tap, double tap UI of the current Fury line (et al), I would be a Surefire customer again.

Perhaps someday they will offer a choice of beam tint?

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be using a defender shrouded tailcap for tailstandability, or custom unshrouded click for pure luxury ease of momentary / clicking-on. Instead of the tactical twist/ momentary only button.

Please make this happen. I'll surefire honk in every thread if they do it.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this light and its clip config as is. The only thing that would make it better for me would be 18650 capability. Surefire themselves will not do this with the E series. It is tactically correct in all aspects. This will not be favorable for everybody just looking for another edc light.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's hope for at least 16650 support - Keeppower have 2500 mAh which isn't that bad.