How to read the end charge numbers on XTAR VC4

MacDiver

Newly Enlightened
It's hard work being a noob!
The manual zayS in broken English that the capacity is the number showing after the charge.
Manual:
"3. To test battery real capacity: Batteries capacity should run out then do the same step as charging. When charging finished, the capacity finally showing in the LCD is the real capacity."
Does this mean to urn the recharge a second timw? To get capacity? I am. Charging Klarus 14500 Batts and a few AAA brand new Tenergy Premium 1000 NI-MH. But haven't tried the Tenergys yet.
I just did one Klarus the 2nd time and it says 15 mAh. Another shows 4. What gives?

Last night I ordered a ZTS MPT- I. Will that show the real capacity? I think that's what it does.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the capacity actually the amount of mAh that the charger put in your battery, and that would depend on how deeply discharged your battery was when placed in the charger?

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Yes, the cell has to be completely discharged for the final "mAh" number to equal the total capacity of the cell. The number showing simply tells you the amount of charge put into the cell by the charger - it doesn't show you the total capacity of the cell unless you begin the charging process with a completely depleted cell.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
check if there is a "discharging" program!
have the cells charged, let them sit some time (day or so) and then run the discharge program.
Hopefully it will stop after discharge and thus show what comes out of the cell!

what any charger put(ted) into while charging is a value that gives nothing ...