• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Will Peak send out a replacement QTC piece for free?

busseguy

Enlightened
So I did a trade for an El Capitan from someone on another forum which has the QTC pill in it.

It is the worst one I have ever seen. It flickers ALOT and doesn't go to low at all. I took the head off and noticed the battery top was dented in so maybe he over tightened the head and crushed the QTC pill?

He says he ordered it directly from Robin at Peak earlier this year.

Do you think they would just send me a replacement QTC pill?

I figured I would ask on the forum since I hear they are hard to get ahold of.
Thanks in advance.

Icabad

Newly Enlightened
Not hard to reach couldn't be too much for a replacement. They are very reasonable to work with

archimedes

Flashaholic
It is usually not "crushing" force, but rather repeated shearing, that sometimes results in little "crumbs" of QTC getting loose in the pill and causing the findings you describe.

It can be a bit tricky to get the pill out, open, and clean ... but that might help ?

gunga

Flashaholic
What kind of body is it? If you can get the pill out you can likely change the qtc (small square of rubber. Might have a hole punched in the middle). Replacing that will fix things. Dented batteries are very common with peak qtc lights. It's inherent in the design and execution (basically a battery crusher with a little square of rubber).

busseguy

Enlightened
What kind of body is it? If you can get the pill out you can likely change the qtc (small square of rubber. Might have a hole punched in the middle). Replacing that will fix things. Dented batteries are very common with peak qtc lights. It's inherent in the design and execution (basically a battery crusher with a little square of rubber).

This one is one is different. It is 2 pieces of metal with a plastic ring in between them.

busseguy

Enlightened
They are all like that. Do you have a picture? You pry the metal pieces out and replace the rubber part in between.

This one has no rubber in between only the white plastic o ring looking thing. Maybe the previous owner stuck that in there thinking it would work. I'll try to call Peak tomorrow.

gunga

Flashaholic
Hmmm. Odd. If there is no low mode maybe he replaced the rubber with foil. Or perhaps it just disintegrated and there is not much left.

busseguy

Enlightened
I went to their website to get the phone number but there was not one listed.

does anyone here know it?

busseguy

Enlightened
I just called Bob a little while ago. Really nice guy that cares about his customers.

he gave me Robyn's email address and I ended up getting an extremely fast response back from her 😊

She is sending out a replacement.

archimedes

Flashaholic
You could maybe try to buy one from Oveready ... :thinking:

And not to just repeat previous advice, but posting a photo of exactly what you have (all parts) may significantly help us help you :shrug:

Last edited: