1995 Jeep Cherokee headlight upgrade

Kmcdonald

Newly Enlightened
My daughter drives a 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport. We live in the mountains of Colorado, and she drives the country roads alot. Her headlights are not very bright and I would like to fix that problem for her. I have read some other forms that just got my head swimming around and confused. Two of my concerns are the snow and better lights for her to be able to see the wildlife at night so she does not hit them. Any and all help is needed. Thank you

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
This used to be a straightforward answer, but now there are more good options (and more rotten ones) than ever before, and if you aren't already knowledgeable it's very easy to fall for a rotten one hyped as a good one. You'll probably want to send email to Daniel Stern (his website here) and go with his current recommendations for lamps, bulbs, and relays.

Random Guy

Enlightened
Wouldn't the easiest (but certainly not cheapest) solution simply be to toss a set of JW Speaker 8900 Evolutions at it?

Kmcdonald

Newly Enlightened
In response to random guy from what I understand is that led lights can present problems in the winter during snowstorms. With it being my daughter's car I am looking for the best improvement with the least amount of problems.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
These days I appreciate more and more the perfect color rendition of halogen bulbs when driving at night. I live in a rural area that has snow and where there are lots of wildlife. I have HIR 9011 installed in all my vehicles high beams for the simple reason that no automobile aux LED setup can match it.

If I were looking to outfit a 1995 Jeep, I would make sure the headlamps were clean and clear and/or put the Xtravision sealed beams in. Then I would look at good quality aftermarket auxiliary Cibie or Hella 500/550 halogen driving lamps (products like Mr. Stern has) to supplement.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
If I were looking to outfit a 1995 Jeep, I would put the Xtravision sealed beams in.

That would be a very bad choice. Sylvania sealed beams (all of them including the Xtravision) are junk. Ditto Wagner and Eiko; the only sealed beams to fit an XJ Cherokee that aren't completely awful are the GE Night Hawks.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be a very bad choice. Sylvania sealed beams (all of them including the Xtravision) are junk. Ditto Wagner and Eiko; the only sealed beams to fit an XJ Cherokee that aren't completely awful are the GE Night Hawks.

Tough crowd...

Its too bad because the Xtravision 9005 and 9006 bulbs are half decent...not HIR performance but at least better than stock...at least they used to be.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
JW Speaker just released thermostatic heated-lens versions of their 7" round and 100 x 165mm rectangular LED headlamps. I bet the 200 x 142mm rectangulars are next to get heated-lens versions added.

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
JW Speaker just released thermostatic heated-lens versions of their 7" round and 100 x 165mm rectangular LED headlamps. I bet the 200 x 142mm rectangulars are next to get heated-lens versions added.
Hooray for progress! This is good to here. Thanks virgil. For the picky few/ocd people how are they on CRI compared to hid and halogen. I only have 2 vehicles from which to compare one has projector halogens which shows color very well while my other with projector factory hid's (that seem to be on the blue end of the spectrum (are they doing this now because its kinda anoying. Its a 2015 mazda cx5?)) seems to white wash everything. I applogize not trying to hijack this thread just curious.