Something New Coming from Surefire?

Nephron44

Enlightened
Hey all!

I was reading the latest issue of a popular firearms magazine, and I noticed a Surefire ad that said "The Best just got brighter" at the top and "Higher Lumens, Higher Performance. September 2017" at the bottom. In the middle, it had an image of "blueprints" of a G2 with a smaller head. Kind of like the head of the G2Z Combatlight with MaxVision, but with the normal G2 nitrolon body.

If they produced a normal G2 but with a smaller head, I would be ALL OVER that!

Anyone know the meaning of this mysterious ad??

I would post a photo, but I'm not sure of the rules with posting ad pictures, and I can't post from my phone anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Nephron44

Enlightened
I searched every combination of words I could think of that might trigger some info to pop up...nothing so far :/

Anyone have any info?

arKmm

Enlightened
Potentially could have been the Surefire Tactician?

Nephron44

Enlightened
I thought maybe it was the tactician, but the sketch was literally a normal G2x body with the smaller head of the G2z with MaxVision. When I looked up the Tactician, it didn't look like the sketch.

Am I able to post a link to Surefire's website? I found the ad on a section of there site...

Nephron44

Enlightened
Just read the policy...seems I'm good to go.

Try going to Surefire.com/leadtheway

The sketch on that page is what I am referring to.

Nephron44

Enlightened
I just got an email from Surefire and followed the link......they are releasing a G2x with MaxVision! This is what I've been waiting for!!!!

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a pic for convenience sake..
2248b81bdef96ad03b3f8fe0b1903d9a.jpg

arKmm

Enlightened
Yep, it's now fully shown as a product on their website. G2X with Maxvision. Also a G2ZX with Maxvision too.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is probably more stuff coming, here is Surefire's post from Instagram:

SureFire set the bar, and now they're raising it. Each Monday SureFire will be releasing a new product that sets the standard in the illumination industry. Check in Mondays to see what's new... Because the best is yet to come.To kick it off, today SureFire is launching the all new G2X-MV and upgraded G2Z-MV with 800 lumens! Link in bio.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
This quote from the email caught my eye. Currently, the 6PX is not 10 times brighter than the 6P.

"But where the 6P Original generated a then-incredible 60 lumens of output, the 6PX cranks out 10 times the output in a package roughly the same size!"

bigfoot

Enlightened
Glad to see some new and updated products coming out from SF.

IMHO, 800 lumens is a bit of overkill, but hey, it's always good to have choices! :)

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get why Surefire is doing this...lumens sell. However, if I wanted tons of lumens with floody beams, that has been available for years in metric lights since the XM-L started being widely used on EDC lights (2011?). Why didn't they embrace it then?
Glad to see new products either way, but I still like having a little punch and some good runtime.

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
I get why Surefire is doing this...lumens sell. However, if I wanted tons of lumens with floody beams, that has been available for years in metric lights since the XM-L started being widely used on EDC lights (2011?). Why didn't they embrace it then?
Glad to see new products either way, but I still like having a little punch and some good runtime.

My guess is they didn't change back then because they felt they didn't have to. With government contracts likely a large part of their revenue, they were probably making plenty of money until the contracts came up for review, and the buyer(s) started making noise about their competition's products. That is probably what forced them to improve their products. IMO.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a quick screen shot from the video Surefire posted today on their channel....I'm curious what the light on the far right is?
928530ac3f35ac31b9c99314ba9e5ec8.jpg

Last edited:

free2game

Newly Enlightened
Here's a quick screen shot from the video Surefire posted today on their channel....I'm curious what the light on the far right is?
928530ac3f35ac31b9c99314ba9e5ec8.jpg
Probably that E2 Tactitian that's been shown a lot in Yeager's videos. E2 with the 800 lumen mv head and a twisty tailcap.

Latest posts