Lemax Mini (LX50ll)

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Well the wife and I took our two lights out in the desert too try out before we get out on the trails with them. I must say we are happy with the Little Lemax Mini, the tint of the Lemax is a big help out in the desert. The Surefire UDR really flattened the land scape making it hard to see detail and color. I hiked to the 605m mark and Arleen could easily see more color and detail on me with the Mini than the UDR. This spot worked out well because of the different shades of landscape. The Lemax will do the distant work (over 400m to 900m)) for us and we'll let the Surefire handle the close up (50ft. to 400m) stuff. Sorry about no pictures last night but we will have our Nikon on our trail trips and take pictures next time and do a update. Already Loving the Lemax Mini. FYI. we went with the LX50ll over the others for its lighter weight and longer runtime.

Lemax Mini.jpg

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the wife and I took our two lights out in the desert too try out before we get out on the trails with them. I must say we are happy with the Little Lemax Mini, the tint of the Lemax is a big help out in the desert. The Surefire UDR really flattened the land scape making it hard to see detail and color. I hiked to the 605m mark and Arleen could easily see more color and detail on me with the Mini than the UDR. This spot worked out well because of the different shades of landscape. The Lemax will do the distant work (over 400m to 900m)) for us and we'll let the Surefire handle the close up (50ft. to 400m) stuff. Sorry about no pictures last night but we will have our Nikon on our trail trips and take pictures next time and do a update. Already Loving the Lemax Mini. FYI. we went with the LX50ll over the others for its lighter weight and longer runtime. View attachment 6336

I don't think I would call it a "mini", Its only a "mini" when compared to the "Superpower" version.

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
I was just being funny, but it is small compared to other real searchlight's. Its small and works for us. Its better to have the right tool than the biggest one.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just being funny, but it is small compared to other real searchlight's. Its small and works for us. Its better to have the right tool than the biggest one.

It is very similar in size to the Polarion PH50 but does outperform it as well.
I would totally agree on your practicality statement.

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Well we are happy too be part of the HID Searchlight family, and are new to it . We have been using LED lights for quite sometime so don't know much about HID lights so we are looking for any tips, suggestions, do's or don'ts and cans and can not tips. Thanks

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well we are happy too be part of the HID Searchlight family, and are new to it . We have been using LED lights for quite sometime so don't know much about HID lights so we are looking for any tips, suggestions, do's or don'ts and cans and can not tips. Thanks

Everything should be included in his manual.
Ours is written in native USA english written by us, his is likely a translation of his manual to English.
Here is our version of the manual. http://www.xevision.com/pdf/XeVision%20XeRay%20XV-LX50%20-%20Manual%20version%20sep%202013.pdf

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had no doubt you'd be happy with the LX50II....for what you wanted it to do it was the right choice.

On another note all this "common sense and practicality " talk must cease! :D Although I did buy the diffusor for my LX70 knowing it will make the light more practical. Very impressed how the diffusor worked.

Dan...Thanks for all your expertise on these lights! I'm sure you'll be seeing some of ours for upgrades and such in the future.

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Yes, Dan thank you for all your knowledge and interest to help others here. I don't post alot here but I am learning from the good people that do. I wanted to get a diffuser from Petr he replied back to me after he shipped my order. Dan thanks for the file, good to have.