Las Vegas shooting...

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure if this appropriate to discuss here, but I hear irregularity in the gunfire. A wild guess: he might have used a trigger replacement — a two way 'echo' trigger assembly or that one with a rotating handle — 'the gatcrank'.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
View from floor ~30 of Mandalay Bay looking down on the Strip, the empty lot right center of the image is where the concert was taking place. Completely indiscriminate.

tMjQFLI.jpg

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is quite a distance from the lot...probably a fortunate aspect. If it were closer the outcome would have been much much worse.

Blackbird13

Enlightened
I didn't say I agreed entirely with the statement . And I'm not going to argue over the logistics of something like this

It is very sad and I hope the families find peace

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand that, but it makes no sense. Closer does not equal more lethal.

Well that depends on the caliber and type of bullet. A 20" 5.56/.223 loses over 30% velocity and more than half its energy between 200 & 400 yards. That could easily be the difference between wounded and dead...

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that depends on the caliber and type of bullet. A 20" 5.56/.223 loses over 30% velocity and more than half its energy between 200 & 400 yards. That could easily be the difference between wounded and dead...

I do not know how to evaluate deadlines if roughly every tenth hit is fatal without even aiming at anyone particularly.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Please, please keep this a non-political thread...

In before close.

Such tragedy. It'll take at least a few days before the speculations are settled and truth comes to light.

Thank you first responders and hospital staff. But bigger thank you to those who took the fall to protect others in the crowd, be-it their loved one or just somebody being a hero.

Blackbird13

Enlightened
In before close.

Such tragedy. It'll take at least a few days before the speculations are settled and truth comes to light.

Thank you first responders and hospital staff. But bigger thank you to those who took the fall to protect others in the crowd, be-it their loved one or just somebody being a hero.

Yes you are correct, out of the tragedy many brave people came forward, even now day latter many go to the blood bank to donate.