• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SAD NEWS FROM GOING GEAR (PLEASE READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzeMag

Newly Enlightened
It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our boss and friend Marshall Hoots. I wanted to get ahead of everything social media brings with announcements like this and share with you all first. Moderators, please post in the appropriate section/correct me as this is my first post.

From the family:

Mr. Marshall W. Hoots, age 37, of Marietta, passed away Monday, September 25, 2017. A celebration of his life will be held 2 pm Sunday, October 8 at the gazebo in the Arboretum and pond park behind the Smyrna Community Center in Smyrna Ga. The family will receive friends at the Family Celebration Center at Carmichael Funeral Home following the service. Mr. Hoots is survived by his wife Lindsay D. Hoots, children Quinnlyn and Cullen Hoots, parents Michael Hoots and Diane Hoots, brother Matthew (Sheila) Hoots, nephews Daniel, Anthony and Matthew Hoots. Carmichael Funeral Home in Smyrna is in charge of arrangements, 770-435-4467. www.carmichaelcares.com

From Marshall's brother:

We want to thank you for your support of Going Gear over the years. Marshall founded Going Gear to provide you all with products to support your outdoor living lifestyle. You all have been supportive of Marshall's business and have said wonderful things about him on social media. For that I thank you.

The doors to Going Gear are still open so you can visit in the store or place orders online still. There are some limited items that Marshall designed

Here is Marshall's tribute wall if you would like to leave some kind words for all to see:
http://www.carmichaelfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Marshall-Wayne-Hoots?obId=2599977#/celebrationWall

If you would like to join us to celebrate his life come join us this Sunday:
http://www.carmichaelfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Marshall-Wayne-Hoots?obId=2599977#/obituaryInfo

Please keep Lindsay and his children in your thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Cedric @ Going Gear

Last edited by a moderator:

markr6

Flashaholic
What?? I can't believe it. So sorry to hear this sad news :(

Nichia!

Banned
Can't believe that???? What's happened?? he was okay last time I saw him. Am very sorry about your loss he was very nice man.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watching Marshal grow his business through the years was inspiring. I never met him, but it's clear he was a man who lived with passion. RIP.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Total shock. Crazy to hear about it! My condolences goes out to his family. It's a sad day for so many.

Capolini

Banned
RIP Marshall. So young, very sad.

I enjoyed your Quick and Dirty Youtube videos.You were full of energy, a happy and positive man.

May your children and the rest of your family find the strength to heal.

My curiosity wonders what happened? I hope you did not suffer.

sgt253

Enlightened
Oh no! WOW! What a shock and loss. Prayers and peaceful thoughts go out to his Family, Friends, and all those who knew and did business with him. Rest in peace Marshall.

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
That came as a shocker. See the Youtube videos of him visiting the Olight factory and he look fine and well.

Makes you wonder, lives is very precious even at any age, please make best use of it and not take life for granted!

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My condolences to Marshall's friends and family. May he rest in peace.

Edit: Hope you don't mind Cedric, I shared this on Bladeforums. Marshall had a presence there as well.

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened
A dark day for the community. It is my hope that his friends and family find a small comfort in the great outpouring of love and support from this small part of Marshall's world.

cigarbufff

Newly Enlightened
My condolences to the family. Absolutely loved his youtube videos and was hoping to visit the store one day to meet him in person. RIP

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never bought anything from Going Gear and never visited the store (I live on the other side of the world) but when I first got into lights I found many of Marshall's videos online and I always enjoyed them.
Couldn't help but notice what a lovely attitude and nature this bloke had.

Best wishes from a complete stranger to his family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.