• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Marshall from Going Gear Tribute

Olightworld

Enlightened
Marshall W. Hoots from Going Gear will forever be a part of the Olight family. Olight began working with him in 2009 and we have received incredible support for the brand from there on out with his wonderful online/offline presence. He has had an enormous impact on Olights product evolution including the integration of moonlight mode, copper edition lights, and the naming of several models such as the legendary S1 Baton. It has been an honor to know and work with Mr. Hoots and we are extremely sorry to see him go. Rest in peace.

Friday 10/6/17, We will donate 100% of every order placed at www.olightstore.com to help Marshalls family during this difficult time. We highly recommend placing an order to support and raise as much money as possible for one of the most important lives in the flashlight industry.

3Xj2bNP.jpg

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Thank you Olightworld. That is a very kind and thoughtful gesture on your part to recognize Marshall's contributions and to also donate 100% of the proceeds for orders on 10.6.2017.

I also appreciate the FREE cigar rings you sent me for my M2X.:)

ven

Flashaholic
+1 , quite taken back by your gesture Olight. The very sad news still has not sunk in ..................:(

Keitho

Enlightened
Olight, you earned my business on October 6th, and forever after that. What a classy gesture.

scout24

Flashaholic
This thread is a wonderful gesture by a company towards a member of our community. Off topic, political, or potentially controversial posts do not belong here. Please stop...

Khsaccali

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Olight. I just bought my son his first flashlight today, an S1A. Rest in peace Marshall.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Although I never had personal dealings with Marshall, I always had excellent service with all of my Going Gear orders.

The outpouring of support, here on CPF and elsewhere, is a testament to his legacy and our collective loss.

Thank you OlightStore ... order placed.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a limited edition Marshall Hoots edition Olight flashlight ?

I remember many of Marshalls reviews with him mentioning his new favorite light pocket carry light.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a limited edition Marshall Hoots edition Olight flashlight ?

I remember many of Marshalls reviews with him mentioning his new favorite light pocket carry light.

That was outstanding lou! I think if going gear gets behind this, it's going to happen. I'm going to look at the videos again and make a list of his favorites. Maybe we'll find out which one was "the one"

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was outstanding lou! I think if going gear gets behind this, it's going to happen. I'm going to look at the videos again and make a list of his favorites. Maybe we'll find out which one was "the one"

He did change his favorites here and there but we can figure something as 'the one'.
I also wonder if Marshall was cool white or neutral as a preference. I do think I remember EDC and Olight were popular with him.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
He did change his favorites here and there but we can figure something as 'the one'.
I also wonder if Marshall was cool white or neutral as a preference. I do think I remember EDC and Olight were popular with him.
In all the times I asked him for neutral lights, he never seemed to have a preference towards them.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over $60,000 raised yesterday! I know there's more than a few people who normally would not have ordered a light were it not for the donation to Marshall's family.
Thanks so much to Olight and everyone who ordered yesterday.