Name your grail have/want

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Hi everyone let's see if we can get a decent thread goin, what is your current best light and what is ur dream light.

I'll start current grail 2xcr123 mcgizmo haiku al-ti powdercoat

Dream grail jeff hanko trident in copper lovecpflovecpf

I'd love to see the grails some of the makers have/want

So how bout it CPF?

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love it! I don't think I'll ever get one but my grail is an AA Mag Vari-Beam. I have almost every other Maglite and I've only ever seen one. I'd also like a 7D in blue or red.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Wow! Good idea for a thread.

Can't wait to see what some folks hold out as their grail.

For my collection I've already obtained most of the Grails I never thought I'd obtain... Maglite VareBeam and Marquis for starters. A couple of pre-1920 lights were acquired in excellent condition that I had never figured would or could be acquired... at least in my budget range. The latest of those was a steel Franco toy pistol flashlight from about 1912 with enough tarnish to look really old but no rust or alkaline leak damage. None.

In LED lights a few prototypes were obtained from none other than PK himself. 2 prototype weapon lights and the first one off the assembly line prior to polish and coating taking place. A prototype cerekoted FL2 that was used to test the durability is one of my favorite EDC lights.

The grail I'm still hoping to obtain won't mean much to most. But it was a light my pop used to let me hold for him many moons ago. A Radio Shack knock off of a 1st generation Kel-Lite with a 2nd generation medium head. If it's any conscelation, Don Keller built me a knock off of that Radio Shack knock off.

I've manage to find a whole bunch of lights I never figured on. Some took a while like a minty 1st gen 2C Kel-Lite and others I figured don't even bother to Google like a Daylo Soldier Boy light issued to soldiers in WW1 were obtained in both blue'd and nickel plated with about 2 hours of searching. Recently a 2 year search paid dividends on a minty ARC AAA LE. And for about 1/2 what I figured would have to be spent.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
My grail is an HDS Executive Clicky made of 7075 with an XP-L HI V2-3A 5200K. Since we're going grail, I'd like 500 on high and the ability to send the light back in for emitter swap, if I deem it necessary to upgrade.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, I don't really have grails. If there's a light I see that I want bad enough, I hustle until I make it happen.

My best light, or the one I'm most proud of that I had to hustle to get is, first and foremost, my Sigma Damascus Copperhead Regulus. Man did I sell to get that one. Sold knives, lights, iirc I sold a McGizmo Mule, an Okluma, and a knife to be able to get it. No regrets, I ended up rebuying a different Okluma (or two), and a Haiku.

My HDS Action light wasn't terribly expensive but I don't think I'll ever part with that one. Spy 005 in black Al and chrome with a warm emitter swap by lazer is also irreplaceable and much beloved.

I hope to one day be lucky enough to own one of the older Spy 007 and there's a dude on Instagram that made a flashlight for himself, every time he posts it I envy him.

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Great thread idea.
current favorite light is arc aaa millermod cree. Just got it but it is just what I had hoped it would be. I think it will hold the favorite spot for a long time.
Grail is an arc6 with nachia 219b 4k.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Good idea for a thread.

Can't wait to see what some folks hold out as their grail.

For my collection I've already obtained most of the Grails I never thought I'd obtain... Maglite VareBeam and Marquis for starters. A couple of pre-1920 lights were acquired in excellent condition that I had never figured would or could be acquired... at least in my budget range. The latest of those was a steel Franco toy pistol flashlight from about 1912 with enough tarnish to look really old but no rust or alkaline leak damage. None.

No pictures?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, if I had to decide on my current grail light it would probably be my BOSS 35. But even though it's my overall best light it rarely sees pocket time. My most used light would have to be my Muyshondt Aeon MK. III because of the form factor. It's so easy to just clip to the pocket of my jeans and go. Zero presence and always there when I need it. If I could only choose one light though, it would be one of my HDS lights.

In terms of a grail light I really want, I'm not 100% sure. I've sort of been phasing out of the custom-light range back to "budget-beaters". When I say budget, though, I'm mainly referring to my Surefires. Using my P2X Fury the other day really brought back the old days and what originally got me into lights. I also recently picked up some old-stock LX2s and have been really looking at the other lights SF is offering lately.

Last edited:

camelight

Newly Enlightened
My current grail is thrunite tn40s
My want grail is acebeam x65vn (regular and solis versions)

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
My grail light would be an Okluma DC1 in Ti with a single emitter, no pocket clip (or holes), bored for 16mm primaries and driven modestly at around 650-800mah on high. Just two modes...Low/High or programmable.
Closest I have to it is a HIVE Haiku, but the design is a little busy for my taste.

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
62418a5fdfd797eb28da09709c189878.jpg
I'm the proud owner of that one :) Mokume twisted Trident gunner grip made by Jeff Hanko. It's my dream light.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
After almost nine years here, a lot of lights have come and gone. All time faves? McGizmo McLux III PD-S. Spy 005 with a 4500k XP-L thanks to Datiled. 4 flats SF A2. Half a dozen SF C2's, including two with crosshairs logo. Half a dozen flat sided E2e's. Current generation faves are my HDS lights, and my two BOSS from Oveready. I've stopped chasing the high dollar grail stuff for now... :)