Putting 100watt leds in a bulb worklight.

I_Mod_Things

Newly Enlightened
I saw an old worklight in a thrift store (something like this except with a halogen bulb or something instead). The electronics were shot but the metal case was in good condition and the glass front was uncracked. Does anyone know if one (or two) 100watt leds could fit inside? Not a ton of room for heat sinks and stuff :thumbsdow. The back is slightly ridged so perhaps I could just attach a fan to the back and see if that works. Can 100watt leds be under volt/currented? I would like to run 2 bulbs at about 80% power to cut down on heat. Any other cooling options for a light like this? perhaps some peltiers. An elaborate water cooling system? Only use it in sub 50 degree weather? :laughing: I suppose I could cut a hole in the back and let heat sinks hang out the back an inch.... Also can these leds brightness be adjusted? A smaller light I made used a potientiometer however i couldn't find any info as to if these modules would work like that.

beatus

Newly Enlightened
I saw an old worklight in a thrift store (something like this except with a halogen bulb or something instead). The electronics were shot but the metal case was in good condition and the glass front was uncracked. Does anyone know if one (or two) 100watt leds could fit inside? Not a ton of room for heat sinks and stuff :thumbsdow. The back is slightly ridged so perhaps I could just attach a fan to the back and see if that works. Can 100watt leds be under volt/currented? I would like to run 2 bulbs at about 80% power to cut down on heat. Any other cooling options for a light like this? perhaps some peltiers. An elaborate water cooling system? Only use it in sub 50 degree weather? :laughing: I suppose I could cut a hole in the back and let heat sinks hang out the back an inch.... Also can these leds brightness be adjusted? A smaller light I made used a potientiometer however i couldn't find any info as to if these modules would work like that.

You might try retrofit using Flip Chip Technology, LED in this technology can work in much higher temperature. And more important, there's no gold wire in side of LED.