Ryobi 40v battery or charger problem

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
for the leaf blower etc... The battery charger always flashes red & green for "defective" unless I slam the battery hard into the charger. Its taking more & harder slamming to get the stupid thing to work.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP eliminating the possibility that its just dirty connection points on both the 40 volt pack and the charger as well. The only 40 volt Ryobi tool that I do not have is the lawn mower. I have had pretty much the same issue before but in my case it was indeed simply cleaning the connection points but that was my experience. Takes an awful lot to wear the 40 volt Ryobi packs down. I have one 6 years old that just finally lost enough capacity that it is noticeable.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
doubtful dirty - problem existed since new but didn't get to the Home Creepo to return in within the 30 days. More like not aligned? Anybody taken the charger apart?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the problem exists from the very beginning that might be some gap between contacts. If you insert the battery without slamming and then just apply pressure on it, does the problem go?