Did AW Go out of Business?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere in this section of the forum that the owner of AW "Simon" said any AW cell labeled as "Made in China" are fake. Soooo....is there a guy named Simon that owns AW? Did this Simon person actually say this? I am more than familiar with Japanese made core cells getting their re-wraps and protection circuits done in China that is fine. Are legit AW core cells made in Japan or China? I stopped buying their cells when I read that...

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere in this section of the forum that the owner of AW "Simon" said any AW cell labeled as "Made in China" are fake. Soooo....is there a guy named Simon that owns AW? Did this Simon person actually say this? I am more than familiar with Japanese made core cells getting their re-wraps and protection circuits done in China that is fine. Are legit AW core cells made in Japan or China? I stopped buying their cells when I read that...

Simon owns Convoy, Andrew (Wan?) owns AW.

Chris

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Chris. I bought a lot of AW 16340's and 18350's recently that are all stamped "made in China". Is there any way I can find out if these are legitimate cells or counterfeits?