TM28 Problem & Nitecore Store Bad Customer Service

Kufr239

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a TM28 from the Nitecore Store website, http://www.nitecorestore.com/. One of the front rings on the bezel is not mounted flush with the bezel. Nitecore Store customer service rep, Jonathan said "That seam is not perfect but within the error of margin from the factory point of view. Also, as a vendor, we only provide return shipping label if we make a shipping error" Has anyone have the same defective workmanship and poor quality control on their TM28? I paid $300 for this flashlight expect better workmanship and stricter quality control from the Nitecore factory. I would of asked for another one if I bought it at my local store in person. Do you think it is fair I have to pay for shipping it back when they sent me a defective flashlight?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137558472@N03/37714742446/in/album-72157687456841530/

Last edited:

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
Dear Sir

Sorry about the inconvenience. I just checked the store service record.

I believe the customer service staffs are confused by your return reason which has evolved over the time.

The light is brand new from the factory. It arrived on Sept.28.

on Oct. 4 you said the return reason was "[FONT=&quot] the TM28 box is not in perfect condition.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The corners of the box has crush marks"
[/FONT]
on Oct. 6 you said, "There are some scratch marks on one of the rings of the bezel."
on Oct. 7 you said, "batteries are missing in the box"
on Oct. 9 you said, "it's the battery jack cover that is missing and not the batteries"
on Oct.15 you finally said, "the light is defective because one of the collars is not flush with the bezel".

The CS staff authorized the return right from the beginning when you were not happy with the condition of the box. All you have to do is to return it within the store return period.

Kufr239

Newly Enlightened
My return reasons are still the same and have not changed. I believe your customer service staff is confused by the difference between good customer service and bad customer service. I requested a prepaid return shipping label twice, Oct. 9 and Oct. 15. Both of my requests were denied due to bad customer service and lack of understanding. The light maybe brand new from the factory. But it's not my fault your company shipped me a damaged and defective TM28. It's not fair I have to pay for shipping the TM28 back when I received it in damaged and defective condition. All the collars on my friend's TM28 are flush with the bezel. This proves the TM28 you sent me is defective. I made a note in the order comment section that I'm a flashlight collector and requested you to make sure to pick me one that has no dents on the box. My order comment was ignored and I received the TM28 box with a dent on the top and crushed corners. Why should I pay for your mistake of not making sure there are no damages on the box before shipping it to me? You made the mistake so you should pay for the return shipping. You should also pay for the return shipping because as you can clearly see in the close-up picture of the collar it's a defect in material and workmanship. I thought I would receive a TM28 in perfect condition by ordering from your company. I'm very dissappointed in receiving a damaged and defective TM28. I'm having a horrible experience trying to resolve this return issue with your customer service staff and has caused a huge inconvenience for me.

Dear Sir

Sorry about the inconvenience. I just checked the store service record.

I believe the customer service staffs are confused by your return reason which has evolved over the time.

The light is brand new from the factory. It arrived on Sept.28.

on Oct. 4 you said the return reason was " the TM28 box is not in perfect condition.The corners of the box has crush marks"
on Oct. 6 you said, "There are some scratch marks on one of the rings of the bezel."
on Oct. 7 you said, "batteries are missing in the box"
on Oct. 9 you said, "it's the battery jack cover that is missing and not the batteries"
on Oct.15 you finally said, "the light is defective because one of the collars is not flush with the bezel".

The CS staff authorized the return right from the beginning when you were not happy with the condition of the box. All you have to do is to return it within the store return period.