EDC tactical light

kenny256

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a new EDC light, I have owned a fenix PD20 for the last 8ish years.

The PD20 served me well, put during a recent move I have lost it [emoji31] .

I'm wanting to get a little larger light and have settled on the surefire ED2 defender ultra or the malkoff MD2.

I'm a simple man so a high/low setting is just fine, I'm going to be pocket carrying this light so it can't be that big.

This light will be used for general light usage and in conjunction with self defense.

I like all the rave reviews of the malkoff and the quality seems to an amazing.

The surefire has higher lumen output and seems narrower.

Anyone feel like pointing me in a better direction?

Johnnyh

Enlightened
For a slimmer form factor, the Malkoff MDC series are very nice for pocket carry. They have a very good clip and are available in Single AA, two AA, single CR123, and single 16650. The 16650 can do 500 lumens on high. I'm also a fan of the neutral tint option Malkoff offers. Not sure about the self-defense part...

arKmm

Enlightened
Malkoff M61HOT MD2 with High/Low switch would be great.

However, in the interests of completion, here's some others to have a look over:
Elzetta Bravo, Surefire G2X (Tac, Pro, and LE), Streamlight Scorpion, Streamlight Strion.

There is also the as yet unreleased Surefire Tactician which has been specifically designed for EDC Defence.

kenny256

Newly Enlightened

However, in the interests of completion, here's some others to have a look over:
Elzetta Bravo, Surefire G2X (Tac, Pro, and LE), Streamlight Scorpion, Streamlight Strion.

There is also the as yet unreleased Surefire Tactician which has been specifically designed for EDC Defence.
Does the tactician have a rail cap button? I thought it was twist?

kenny256

Newly Enlightened
For a slimmer form factor, the Malkoff MDC series are very nice for pocket carry. They have a very good clip and are available in Single AA, two AA, single CR123, and single 16650. The 16650 can do 500 lumens on high. I'm also a fan of the neutral tint option Malkoff offers. Not sure about the self-defense part...
The MDC will do 500 lumens? Wow! That makes it a contender.

kenny256

Newly Enlightened
I'll check some of those out.

Is the tactician going to come out with a twisty cap? Or click button?

kenny256

Newly Enlightened

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

I own both the M61HOT and the Elzetta Bravo AVS. Both are excellent defensive and/or EDC lights. IMHO, the M61HOT has the edge because it is compatible with rechargeable cells and is narrower at the bezel, facilitating more comfortable pocket carry. The Elzetta has a wider beam than the M61HOT, but the M61HOT has more throw. The build quality on both lights is first rate.