Replacement bulb for vintage Rayovac flashlight sought

ATX69

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

This is my first post (I actually posted this to the questions forum- rookies mistake).

I bought one of those vintage Sportman Rayovac silver chrome flashlights from an estate sale for a buck. It's old school. I like it.

I installed two new D batteries, but it's still pretty dim. I think I need a new bulb.

Are bulbs for this flashlight available at Lowes or do I need to order them online? What type of bulb does it take?

Thanks,

Chris

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bulbs are available, yes.
However the dim may quite possibly be from dirty contact points.
Ever have trouble with what seems like a weak battery in your car then clean battery posts and ZINGGG! No more weak battery? It's kinda like that.
A metal oxide remover like de-oxit or Tarn-X will help you there. Q-tips, with some tweezers to clean the deep areas of the switch. Clean the spring at the tail end and the back side of the reflector where the switch's contact strip touches it.

PR2 or PR4 bulbs are good for that one. But look up Maglite 2 cell bulbs, preferably xenon type. Their krypton bulbs burn brighter than regular bulbs with xenon even brighter than those. Maglite xenon bulbs with a PR base are getting scarce so expect to pay a few bucks for them.

Welcome to CPF