The Official CPF Coffee Thread. All things Coffee... (And related beverages)

brts96

Newly Enlightened
Just regular Folgers here. I'm not very picky on my coffee, but do appreciate a good cup every day.

On the times when I go to a coffee shop, it takes a little bit of explaining that I just want regular coffee.

Occasionally, I'll add sugar or hazelnut, but most of the time, I like regular, black coffee.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Good thread.

8-oclock drinker here. I used to drink Folgers until my wife got me hooked on 8-oclock Columbian that's strong enough to use as the glue to bond asphalt to a pothole. Folgers tastes like slightly flavored hot water to me now.

My boss and I use brands of coffee to label people we work for. "That lady is a Maxwell House drinker" meaning she's old school. The guy with the trendy attire we call Starbucks drinker and sometimes we'll say "now that guy... percolator coffee guy... grinds and all" to describe a really, really old school person.

I like "diner coffee" straight up. Nothing added. I use raw sugar in the stuff my wife makes. But only a little bit, like a level teaspoon or less. She likes a little coffee in her additives. lol.

If you take notice at your work you can tell a lot about most people by the coffee they drink.

Last edited:

quinlag

Newly Enlightened
cowboy coffee
Pour water in pot
add grounds to taste
Boil for as long as you want; longer=stronger
Remove from heat and let it set til grounds settle
Pour slowly into cup leaving grounds in pot

We were camping and forgot the pour over so I made the cowboy coffee.
Wife said, this is good, why did we go out and buy that expensive coffee pot?
Ruh Roh.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
My credentials (aside from having worked as a professional barista for a year):
37887180081_0de7faf919_o.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
Drinking some Stok brand iced coffee this morning to kick start my wakeup. Looking for recommendations for brand/type/method to make good smooth iced coffee here at home.

Viper715

Enlightened
Yes... All types all day!

I'll drink whatever is around to get me through the day but prefer a nice cup. A friend introduced me to Black Rifle Coffee and I loved the MO whole bean and grind it myself.

I will French press, percolate, drip, pour over, aero or a pull from an expresso. I'm rarely seen without a cup in my hand.

markr6

Flashaholic
8-oclock drinker here. I used to drink Folgers until my wife got me hooked on 8-oclock Columbian that's strong enough to use as the glue to bond asphalt to a pothole. Folgers tastes like slightly flavored hot water to me now.

Good stuff. It's the best cheap-ish coffee IMO; a nice in-between coffee for everyday drinking. I picked up some of their French Roast for $3.99 on sale last week. Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Gevalia were all around $6-8/bag. I'll do that now and then, but it tastes a little better when I know I got a good deal :)

I can't do the "slightly flavored hot water" thing either. Almost like tea...waste of time.

- I'll do the Chemex now and then, but I'm too impatient these days.
- A cheap 4-cup Mr. Coffee drip is good enough for me on the weekends.
- Free, but garbage, coffee at work.
- Instant is fine when I'm backpacking. Starbucks Via, Nescafe Tasters Choice, Cafe Bustelo, G7 all fine by me.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Looking for recommendations for brand/type/method to make good smooth iced coffee here at home.

The Aeropress pressed into a glass of ice is the final word in smooth iced coffee; all flavor and no acid.

Aeropress for me too. Also I roast my own beans in a 1979 popcorn maker and grind seconds before brewing. Beautiful.....

Get a pack of Melita "Micro-perforated" filters and lightly pencil trace an Aeropress filter on one to cut out a new filter - the perforated filter is the secret missing piece of the Aeropress puzzle.

Here's my roaster and "green" coffee from all over the world.

Heck yeah you display that on leather, a setup that good deserves its own furniture..

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL I see this was made a few days ago. Was this made because I started talking about coffee on that water thread lol?

Regardless... yeah, coffee is awesome.

sandalian

Enlightened
I roast and brew my own joe. Home roast using frying pan.
I think I'll plant coffee too if I have wide land :D