ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rey, PLEASEEEEEEEEE make it with a clip. Love the light but I cant use lights that dont have clips

Nice! What´s the Mokume Gane made of? Copper and brass or copper and nickelsilver or....?

Eric

I believe Mokume has more iron in it for the reddish color

hbk_rey

Enlightened
Nice! What´s the Mokume Gane made of? Copper and brass or copper and nickelsilver or....?

Eric

Copper, brass, and nickelsilver. But we might use only copper and brass in production. nickelsilver pattern is hard to control. Check the 1st pic, tail of the flashlight.

phosphor22

Enlightened
Copper, brass, and nickelsilver. But we might use only copper and brass in production. nickelsilver pattern is hard to control. Check the 1st pic, tail of the flashlight.

How about just nickel silver and copper? (my favorite combination :) ) - great contrast within the pattern, especially as the copper develops a wonderful patina...
Although in this the copper was also etched and the nickel silver polished, you can see the idea -- here in a Photon Fanatic light:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...r-amp-Flame-Colored-Copper-Mokume-Gane-Killer

And here, in George's very recent Nucleus, note the Mokume light after a short bit of time and the patina -- just brass and copper do not have as much contrast; you can see all three metals here in his light - scroll down to the Mokume one:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Gane-Damascus)-Flashlight-and-Copper-Complete!

Hope you decide to keep the nickel silver in this light.
Perhaps the particular bar stock used in the sample did not have as much of the nickel silver consistently interwoven in the pattern, or as much nickel silver as other bars might. IMO the silver adds an important visual aspect.

Last edited:

hbk_rey

Enlightened
Please allow preorder I don't wanna miss this one rey

Thanks,
Still hesitating on the driver. I want to use the same driver in LAN and Pineapple. AA/14500, 4 modes. Wondering if it is too much modes for a twisty?
Once it is decided, will pre-sale.

phosphor22

Enlightened
Thanks,
Still hesitating on the driver. I want to use the same driver in LAN and Pineapple. AA/14500, 4 modes. Wondering if it is too much modes for a twisty?
Once it is decided, will pre-sale.

This light sounds like it will be a very fine light indeed...
IMO a clicky is better for 4 modes - same kind as in ReyLight LAN or Pineapple.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Just kidding, won't use clip for this one. BTY, why you hate this clip? too soft?

Yep. Clip is too short and too soft. Bends easily and doesn't spring back.

Trit slot is a must!

4 modes is doable for me. Unsure about others. The ti lan driver is good.