QSL

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
The QSL's were half off this weekend. For me, ever since this light was released no Android app = no sale, even at 50% off. Why on earth did the app never materialize?

terjee

Enlightened
The QSL's were half off this weekend. For me, ever since this light was released no Android app = no sale, even at 50% off. Why on earth did the app never materialize?

App-development can be a real pain. There were issues with previous BT-stacks, sourcing talent for development can be really hard, there's a ton of different models out there, and so on.

It's entirely possible that they went into this with the best of intentions, signed a developer that spent ages but in the end didn't deliver, then had problems finding someone else at a reasonable rate, and so on.

I have no problems understanding the "no app, no sale", but I also know app-development can be surprisingly difficult if you're a purchaser with no previous experience. Some would argue it's a lot harder with Android than iPhone. Or maybe they just got lucky with whomever was doing the iPhone version, but not with Android-version.

I do think they overpromised and then didn't deliver. They said "in a couple of months", and now it's been a couple of years, so it's not like everything is okay. Still though, knowing how hard it can be to get these things done right, I hope most will cut them some slack if they don't repeat the mistake.

Really feel for any that ordered the light on the promise of an Android app though.

Note: I did order the QSL in the sale, but I have no prior experience with them, so not exactly a fanboy (certainly not yet anyway).