Introducing the SPY Tri-V version 3B

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Introducing the SPY Tri-V version 3B

The sole configuration of this light is an Ultra with the Stone Washed Gunner Grip.

EU1C5903s66.jpg

20170906_140748s.jpg

EU1C5905s66.jpg

EU1C5902s66.jpg

EU1C5908s66.jpg

This is the Tri-V version 3B. It is similar to the high end fully outfitted Version 3 that was on sale two years ago except for the finish and the emitters and their mounting systems. The emitters are all upgraded to the latest versions and the spot emitter is now a modern dome-less emitter. The light is of course brighter all around due to the new LEDs and the spot beam is now slightly larger (because the LED die image is larger) and therefore more useful.

The lights are prebuilt and ready to ship. They are all fitted with the high end Vault battery cap and the mechanized locking Vegas knob. The finish is the newest version of the Cool Fall Stone Wash Gunner Grip (SW GG), this finish is slightly brighter and deeper than the original SW GG. The XP-L-Hi spot heat sink and MCPCB are now copper like in the 007 Sapphire. The XP-G3 reflector MCPCB is now copper as well and it is directly soldered to the copper heat pipe that runs from the head into the body of the light. The warm XP-L2 flood emitter is the rare high CRI 2700K.

The Tri-V version 3 user manual that is posted in my forum is applicable for this light. There are only slight power differences between this light and the version 3. Though the differences are small but some power levels have gone up because when mixing the three emitters the forward voltages are now more balanced than they have ever been before.

I noticed there were not many stone washed gunner grip Tri-V pictures out there. So I took a few pics of the light so you could see what it looks like. The stone wash finish is pretty in person but it is difficult to photograph. I am posting several pictures here so you can get some idea of its sheen.

The price of the new Tri-V is $4595. The sales thread will be posted Friday October 27th at noon Eastern Time. If you have any questions please post them here or send me an email.

:tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow.

Gorgeous, I'm not supposed to be adding lights and this one is (for me) in the "too nice to use in industry" category.

When a customer puts his hand out for my light - I don't give it to him (typically him, but could be her).

This looks fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice~looking for your sales thread.
Any sheath available like Tri-V version 2 ?

Yes I do. Two of the Tri-Vs that I have for sale have the standard military battery caps in place of the Vault battery caps. These two lights come with a very nice high end AOH holster just like the ones I offered previously. These holsters were made to fit the Tri-V before the invention of the Vault cap and they only fit the light fitted with the military battery cap.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the post from Capolini last night and did not have time to respond. Thank you moderators (archimedes and nbp) for your keeping of the forum rules. Now having said that I invite anybody to email me any questions they have that are not allowed due to the rules.

Zandar, thanks.

Capolini, your question about the price could have been innocent enough. This light has been 10 years in the making and there have been many thousands of words posted in my forum about it over that decade. It is unreasonable for me to expect you or any newcomers to my forum to read them all. However, fortunately, you only live 45 minutes from my shop. The best I can say is, you are welcome to come and see for yourself. I receive visitors all the time and also occasionally have a small flashlight get together called the ETG. I will invite you to the next one. I see you are a great photographer too, very cool.

All of my lights are not as expensive as the Tri-V. The 007 Sapphire Bow-Ti is the entry level workhorse of my line.

Cheers
Dave

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think most people understand what went into making the light or the quality. I someone follows high end watches they would understand. Rolex common Patek not common and you really don't lose money. I remember when you posted a picture of the first Spy007 in titanium next to a pizza slice. That was well over a year before it became available, which killed me. I can't afford a Patek or an expensive sports car, but I can have a stash of cash for my CoolFall addiction. The lights make me happy and that is all that matters. I'm loving my V3b…..

Zandar

Enlightened
Once again Data's actions show his great respect for all our members , no matter what their views are on his lights. My thanks again to nbp and archimedes for handling this matter is such an expedient fashion. And you have my thanks and great respect as well Data.

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
ChipWillis, I've got the TRI-V3b fever as well and am jealous! How many SPY lights does this make now, 15? :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Elmie

Enlightened
I've had the tri-v 3b for almost a month now, it's my first spy and I'm blown away by the workmanship. Is it perfect? No. But it's damn near it. I even watched the almost 30min video about the Vegas knob lol.

I'm also into fine watches so I appreciate all the work that has gone into this light. It is over the top and complete overkill in every way and that's a good thing when one is spending this kind of money. Dave, thank you for creating this masterpiece!