Need new light! Help me - seminoob / semi-flashaholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

icharry

Newly Enlightened
Low level Flashaholic been lurking since 2012.. but only have about 6 lights total in that time. I'm here looking to replace my old lost Zebralight It was a SC53 that only used a AA - as that is about the level of comfort I have with all the alt batteries. I'm looking for a lot more lumens 1500+ (which means alt batteries). I do love the moonlight low levels. Love being able to turn light on in moonlight mode so I dont blast the room / tent with light till I need it. I like flood more than needing loooong throw. I am willing to spend up to $150 or so.

The Zebra SC600F Mk IV Plus 18650 XHP50 Floody Cool White Flashlight seems great.
So does the Fenix PD40R - but is 20 lumen moonlight enough?
and I REALLY like the idea of the flood/spot focus on the FD65 - but it does not really have a moonlight mode, plus with batteries its getting towards $200.
Any other 1500+ turbo, 1lumen moon, lights I should know about with micro USB built in?

Wondering about using one of the 18650 batteries that have a built in micro usb so you can charge it directly without needing an external charger.
I know Nitecore makes one http://www.nitecorestore.com/Niteco...le-18650-Battery-p/bat-nite-18650-nl1834r.htm
So does Fenix - although I can't find the link anymore AND I searched their site?

With these fit / work in the new Zebra SC600Fd Mk IV Plus--High CRI, 1800+ Lumens, 1x 18650? Are these batteries safe? Better to just buy a light that has the micro usb charger? Or ?

Thanks.

PS - Current lights an OLD 1st gen Quark from four sevens, and a Mini Mark II (my fav light), some nitecore MHA1?, Maratac on my keychain.

cp2315

Enlightened
If you like flood better than throw, probably look into multi-emitter lights.
Emisar D4 might be worth checking. I do not have one since I am a thrower person. But it has received nothing but good reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.