I had a really awesome flashlight weekend recently!!!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello fellow photon fiends!

Every Halloween the Sacramento Historic Cemetery does the Lantern Tours and it is the biggest fund raiser of the year. Local actors tell the stories of people buried here. I volunteer as an usher for the tour and this year my daughters got to be ushers with me. Very cool. They each had a Surefire, a red L1 and a green A2L. I carried a speaker for the guide we were assigned too and had a LX2 retrofitted with a Malkoff super E2T head. Midway through the tour we had a snack break next to an open field and I went there to play with my light. One of the actors says, "You finally get to use your cool light!" I first use the low setting and I hear the other actors ask if actor number one had a brighter flashlight. His light was brighter but I blow him away with my high beam and he asks, "How many lumens?" I reply "700." Their reply was "poop!"

The next night I take my Girls and their friend to our local pizza parlor, Original Petes for those of you who are familiar with Sacramento. It is a warm evening so we walk. We go retro and use a E2e, C2, G2, and 9P! The walk takes us through a park. It is so fun to use flashlights that leave lots of things hidden so you can let your imagination run wild! The kids had a wonderful time and stayed out long enoughto kill the batteries.

Thanks for sharing

kelmo

Last edited: