Is my Lacrosse BC-900 dead?

fefrie

Newly Enlightened
It misses 200 500 and 1000 ma terminations with my aaa batteries. Granted the cells are a bit old, but with a 'working' charger, all that would happen would be that the charging would terminate with a lower reported capacity.

Any way to reset or rebuild anything inside?

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the charger behave with AAs in good condition at 500mA? (also check 1000mA, but mine was great at 500mA and this charger tends to run hot in my experience, so 500mA is preferable for lifespan)

I suspect your charger is OK. It simply does not do well with duff batteries, mine also overheated regularly when fed bad cells. I got rid of it in the end :(

fefrie

Newly Enlightened
I'm using ikea ladda cells, so they're decent quality, and even with bad cells, at the end of their life, the charger would still 'correctly charge to degraded capacity.'

It's missing on all the cells, so the more I think about it, it's probably finished.

hc900

Newly Enlightened
It misses 200 500 and 1000 ma terminations with my aaa batteries. Granted the cells are a bit old, but with a 'working' charger, all that would happen would be that the charging would terminate with a lower reported capacity.

Any way to reset or rebuild anything inside?
This is the great issue of the BC900.
Go to the BT-C700 or other recent charger.