Need New HeadLamp

primalgunner

Newly Enlightened
Hello Guys,

New here, have been searching old threads but confused, here goes. Bought a Fenix HL30 IMO great for working on equipment in tight spots at work, used to walk in woods with my dogs at times also. The Fenix got misplaced in a move and a buddy gave me a Boruit, large middle lamp, smaller on sides, its junk really,middle fell apart but even with just the sides its very bright. We are caring for some feral cats and the brighter light helps. My Wife bought me a SureFire R1 Lawman a couple years ago and its nuts! I guess its the "throw"? I can't afford something in that class but need something.
Sorry for the long story any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

TCY

Enlightened
It would be better if you have specific requirements. Battery type? Max brightness? You can use your Lawman as a point of reference. I'd recommend a Zebralight but you might want something more affordable. The Nitecore HC30 would be a decent choice, go for a Skilhunt H03 for even better price.

Welcome to CPF:p

primalgunner

Newly Enlightened
It would be better if you have specific requirements. Battery type? Max brightness? You can use your Lawman as a point of reference. I'd recommend a Zebralight but you might want something more affordable. The Nitecore HC30 would be a decent choice, go for a Skilhunt H03 for even better price.

Welcome to CPF:p

Thank you for the reply and the welcome! Rechargeable would be nice. Max Brightness, not sure, I would think a headlamp with half the power of the lawman is excellent. I will look at your suggestions.

Again Thanks

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
Welcome! :)

I can't say enough good things about my Zebralight. Perfect around the garage, camping, mountain biking, and bright enough on high to light the night. $89.00 is well worth it to me. You will need 2 18650 batteries and a charger to have the light always available, but that will save you money in the long run. (Zebralight H600 Mk III XHP35 Cool White 18650 Headlamp)

TCY

Enlightened
Thank you for the reply and the welcome! Rechargeable would be nice. Max Brightness, not sure, I would think a headlamp with half the power of the lawman is excellent. I will look at your suggestions.

Again Thanks

How bright is your Lawman? I notice there's the new 1000 lumen version but since you got yours while ago it's probably an older one.

If rechargeable is your thing, check out the Armytek Elf C2. Powered by 18650, built in micro USB recharge and 1000 lumens for $55 (Out of stock at the moment) .However if your budget allows I would recommend a Zebralight Headlamp, especially the upcoming H600Fd/c MKIV. ~1600 lumens max, powered by one 18650, high CRI and pleasant colour temperature. It's $89 but like Nutdip says, it's well worth the price.

Last edited:

khaleeq

Newly Enlightened
Olight H2r Headlamp. It is rechargeable. Priced around 75$. It is floody. Very efficient. It gives around 600ish lumins constant brightness for about 2.3 hours. It has been reviewed by many guys. Do go through the reviews.

primalgunner

Newly Enlightened
Thank You for the additional replies. The Lawman is a few years old 750 lumens. I don't know much about lights but this with 30% more power...WOW. No hiding from that!

MX421

Enlightened
+1 on a Zebralight. Since the newer models are coming out, get one of the older ones on sale as low as $59 for an 18650 model H600/H600F/H602. Even the oldest models have around 100 lumens. They aren't rechargable, but a charger is cheap. I trhink Illum had Xtars on sale not long ago and there are sure to be more sales as we move to end of the year.
Need to determine what beam profile you want. As listed the profiles are Med. Range throw/Floody - beams transitions from bright centter to the spill/pure flood with no hotspot.

Last edited: