Suggestions for 10000 lumen adjustable beam flashlight

txdoc

Newly Enlightened
Newbie help.

Looking for suggestions where to start looking for LED flashlight.

I think I would like an adjustable beam, I had a stroke in 2016 and my left hand can grip a jar and my right hand can turn the lid.

Maybe 10,000 lumens with power levels. Replaceable/removable batteries, chargeable.

Don't know is USB charger, or what is available or best.

Would like $400 or less.

Thanks guys any advice, caveats, or suggestions and where to possibly buy from if not Amazon.
Thanks for your time and help.
Dr Mark

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Suggestions on what to buy

Hello Mark, and welcome to CPF !

I'll move this to the "Recommend" subforum for you....

TCY

Enlightened

Not many manufacturers are making zoomy lights now. The largest zoomy manufacturer is perhaps Led Lenser, but their biggest light has only 3000 lumens, far less than what you want. You can check out the 16,000 lumen Imalent DT70, currently on sale at gearbest.com for $150 shipped which is a darn good deal. Gearbest has decent customer services too.

Last edited:

txdoc

Newly Enlightened

Not many manufacturers are making zoomy lights now. The largest zoomy manufacturer is perhaps Led Lenser, but their biggest light has only 3000 lumens, far less than what you want. You can check out the 16,000 lumen Imalent DT70, currently on sale at gearbest.com for $150 shipped which is a darn good deal. Gearbest has decent customer services too.

I'll post the link for your convenience but if it violates CPF rules I can remove it. ... link removed by moderator ...
Thanks TCY.

OKAY, we can drop the zoomy part. What else should I look into?
THANK you for help.

Last edited by a moderator:

ven

Flashaholic

Adjustable beam, have a look at the Fenix FD65, has the xhp35 HI LED's in a nice neutral 5000k temp. With 4 decent cells and charger, its still well under your budget(around half of it). Issue with small pop can lights and crazy high outputs, is they step down after a minute or so due to heat. So it may be worth while getting a rough idea of what amount of output and for how long you may use it for. Then compare run times and what actual levels the light has. As a very rough guide, pop can type lights(4 cell) tend to cope with 2000-2500lm ish constant(till cells will not hold output). Unless you have a HUGE expanse of land, you will probably find you can cope with much much less output.....................

Good luck, not too many choices for decent zoomy lights , i think Fenix have done a good job with this one. Its is flood bias, by that i mean either way you zoom, your going to get a lot of spill/flood.

:welcome: happy 1st post after 4yrs:)

txdoc

Newly Enlightened

Welome to CPF, just out of interest why on earth would you want 10000 Lumens?
P
I saw a video of a Olight Opt7XR, IIRC, and was impressed with what I saw.

Maybe I should've asked what the most popular lights are on this site?

I've been happy with my Surefire weapon lights for brightness and durability.
Thanks

on edit, I've now looked at two lights, below 10,000 lumens that are impressive.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I only ask because withat sort of output you're going to have to carry some weight with the multiple cells the light would need, plus to heat generated would likely be enormous, plus to runtimes are likely to be pitiful. If you're happy with those compromises, who am I to offer dissent?
The SF lights that you know are probably 1000 lumens or less, if you're happy with that sort of output there a lot of practical lights to chose from and for us to revommend.
Good luck in your search.
P

txdoc

Newly Enlightened
I've looked at a Nitecore TMR 28 and a Nitecore TMR 36. Both are extremely bright and allow for extra battery packs. One is a far throw and the other is less so, but appear to be well made.

arKmm

Enlightened
Unfortunately China has flooded the market with '5000 lumen' (or insert other ridiculously high amount) lights that in reality are more in the region of 400/500 lumen at most, and as such a lot of the general public and uninitiated think they need far more than actually required.

Nobody really needs more than circa 1000lm with only a few exceptions, and for 90% of situations even 1000 lumen isn't required!

txdoc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks arKmm and archimedes!
As a newbie to lights, I'M seeing more video reviews and now understanding that 10,000 lumens is not what I thought.

I'm used to LED light bars on my vehicles from 20-52 inches and 3-5 watt diodes and 10-60 degree spreads.

Flashlights are a new animal. I appreciate the advice. [emoji108]

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would guess > 90% of my flashlight use is at < 200 lumens ... and probably > 50% at < 50 lm

Ever the voice of reason. While I don't quite identify with your self imposed title "low output junkie," I certainly have never found use for more than 1,000 lumens. Most of the time, I'm happy with less than 500 lm.

arKmm

Enlightened
Well then, in terms of focusable rechargeable large lights, I can only think of two:

Maglite Magcharger LED and LED Lenser X21.R2

The X21.R2 is far better out of the two but also far more expensive at roughly double the price.

What sort of a size do you want? Big like the maglites of old? Mid-sized like a police duty light (Streamlight Stinger etc) or belt/pocket sized like the Surefire 6P or Minimag?

Working more at range, close up, or both? Do you just need a simple low and high power setup, or the ability to go through several power levels? Strobe?

What will you be using it for? Using it regularly (rechargeable better) or is it a standby device which may not get used for several months but will then need to perform when critical?

Led Astray

Newly Enlightened
Well, on the off chance I may be completely wrong, if you mean adjustable beam means you can change brightness, pretty much all lights will do that.

You could do a lot worse than looking at an Emisar D4 (floody) or D1(throwy). These allow you to ramp up & down in brightness to wherever you want. And in terms of operating if affected by a stroke, would be amongst the simpler offerings.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ML150LR which should be coming out early in the new year might be another option, similar to the Magcharger LED, but brighter and lighter weight (don't know how important weight is for you). Like the Mag Charger, the ML150 will have a electronic switch which is easier to press (like a mouse button or shutter on a digital camera) than the old spring/plunger switches.

Another thing to keep in mind is the beam distance. Most lights list this in Meters, but this distance is far further than the light will actually be useful at......to get an idea how far the light is really good for just take whatever the ANSI spec says in Meters and consider it good for about that many feet.

Last edited: