best light weight thrower?

soaponarope

Newly Enlightened
What is the best lightweight thrower on the market, preferably one that uses 18650s

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pending answers to Enderman's questions, I will offer the Nitecore P30. It is a single 18650 light with a large and deep reflector. That allows it to throw a very tight beam a considerable distance for a single cell light. It also has a very nice spill that doesn't overpower the throw. Due to the larger reflector it needs to be a belt or coat pocket type of carry, but is otherwise very compact. If the P30 had co me first I would never have bought the TM11, TM16, or TM16GT, nor the EA8. Oh well.

Agpp

Enlightened
Emisar D1vn? D1S? Brinyte B158B? They all offer very good throw-to-size and all use 1*18650. I guess you need to more precise when specifying your needs...

soaponarope

Newly Enlightened
1 18650, pocket size. Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I will check them out.

ven

Flashaholic
I think the Emisar D1s(s version is latest and around 120kcd for $40) is a little big for pocket carry, maybe fine for a coat or large pocket. The D1 is compact for its performance in 18650 form, drop down to 18350 then real compact.
Emisar D1 next to a 6p you may know
WvkXKDml.jpg

A lot depends really on what is light weight, also what kind of throw you are going to be needing for specific application in mind. The D1 has a little over 40kcd, which is very impressive for its size. Available in 3 flavours of xpl HI, 4000k, 5000k and 6500k..............pick your poison! UI is great, ramping with short cuts to max/min, bat check and even adjust driver temp setting. Very easy to use...........

Although not a dedicated thrower, if you want small and light weight, check out some zebralight offerings....................within reason, pretty much the smallest lights available. Awesome form factor, again great UI and soon to be released sc600w mkIV xhp35 HI , NW flavour is very nice and pleasing on the eye if you like a neutral beam! All subjective, everyone has different wants and needs, no rights or wrongs just simply preferred.