• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Bezel Rings w/ Tritium Slots for Surefire T44 & HDS

Matt7337

Enlightened
I have an RA Twisty, an HDS Clicky (in titanium) plus one more in the mail, and have my fair share of Surefire P60 lights as well. Something I've always wanted to do was add tritium to a couple of these at the bezel. If anyone has such a bezel for either light that they would be willing to part with, I'd be willing to buy it.

I know there was a large run of HDS bezels done a long time ago by "PEU" and also that Oveready produced Modoolar Z44 SS rings slotted for tritium for some time.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Matt, those are really hard to find. I hunted for an HDS Peu bezel for a while, finally found one for an old Novatac but that won't fit your lights anyway. There's just very few out there. Plus it was practically ages ago now, and folks seem to have either moved on from the hobby, forgetting those awesome things left laying around in their drawers, or they're still active and don't want to sell their old rare stuff.

So I've taken the next step -- I've found a machine shop to make me one, or maybe multiples if the demand is there. I've been working with him a while now, but honestly I've been dragging my feet, getting pulled away on other projects and this one is just kinda sitting. I need to get back on it and move it along, that's my fault. I will say, however, that our focus is on the current HDS lights, the acme threaded ones, so it still may not help you much.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience since I just went through it myself this past summer. Good luck with your search.

Matt7337

Enlightened
Hey, thanks for your reply. I have already learned something; I wasn't aware that HDS changed the threads on their bezels after the Clicky.

I may have to go down the same route as you with this, I used to work for an engineering and manufacturing company who would be able to machine some bezels for me if I could give them an accurate model of what I require.

If all else fails I will remove the existing bezels and replicate them in CAD, then add the tritium slots and have them machined.