Need help for aftermarket body RC11

Kaas

Newly Enlightened
Greetings all!

This is my first real post here, and even though I read up on the forum etiquette I hope this is in the right place and in the proper format.

I have been using an Fenix RC11 for a couple of years now and suddenly one of the 5 modes it had stopped working (only had 4 working modes, also after charging). Anyways I contacted the supplier, sent my faulty product to them and received it back but also received an entirely new 'head'.

I'm no native English speaker so forgive me if the lamp's "head" doesn't translate well. I mean the part with the LED and the controller and button. Not the base body which just contains the battery. So now I have 1 complete lamp with a fresh new head. But I also still have the 'faulty' head which basically still works fine.

I was wondering if I could simply buy an aftermarket body that would fit the threading of the head side. Then I could just buy another 18650 battery (or 2 CR123A because it accepts both) and have a spare flashlight! The RC11 is marketed having an 'intelligent circuit drive' if that's relevant here..

I really really hope some enthusiasts can help me and advise me a body or part that will enable me to use the spare 'faulty' head.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!
Greets, Kaas