In the Pipe...Klarus G35

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
IT'S HERE!!!!!!

Well of course it arrives in the middle of the day so I get to stew until "darktime" LOL :ironic:

The package I ordered was the light, a bonus USB light, and a couple of battery holder boxes for spares.
I'll be running the light with Protected Canwelum 2,250 mAh 18650 cells that I already have.

There are a bunch of reviews out there so I'm not going to re-invent the wheel, suffice it to say.... here are some pictures!

Al2mMr1.jpg

MMdQz6d.jpg

v5I8fTu.jpg

am3tsG2.jpg

jfCIza9.jpg

Comparison with my upgraded MagCharger and my Sunwayman D40A

XXFKVLG.jpg

d7hcPPD.jpg

EJYVVPk.jpg

UvkEL2z.jpg

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: IT'S HERE!!!!!!

Okay, quality dark (but darned cold) but went up to the end of the golf course and gave it a go.

1) WOAH
2) Definitely a "thrower"/searchlight. The bias is STRONGLY to a center hotspot for distance use.
3) 2k lumens focused that tightly goes FOREVER even with all the crap blowing round in the air tonight.

Personally, I think they could have well gone with a faintly stippled reflector to spread the spill out a little more to cover close/medium ranges but it is what it is and I knew from the "turbohead" design what I was getting into.

pdmjoker

Newly Enlightened

Well of course it arrives in the middle of the day so I get to stew until "darktime" LOL :ironic:

The package I ordered was the light, a bonus USB light, and a couple of battery holder boxes for spares.
I'll be running the light with Protected Canwelum 2,250 mAh 18650 cells that I already have.

There are a bunch of reviews out there so I'm not going to re-invent the wheel, suffice it to say.... here are some pictures

What is your impression of the Canwelum batteries? Especially capacity, current available and safety? Many thanks!

Johns957

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a Klarus xt2cr. I liked it until the time came for recharging.
The only way for me to get a full charge on it is to remove the battery and put it in a charger.
i asked Klarus about that. They just pointed me to a page with their chargers on it and to use their charger. I just use my nitecore charger now when the battery needs a charge.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

So take what I say with a grain of salt as I've only given the Canwelum batteries the most cursory of testing other than running them in the Klarus and a couple of other lights.
They seem to take a good charge and run for a long time. They are definitely protected as you get close to 2.7v and they shut right down to protect themselves.
So far the ones I have (4 of them) have been great over a span of about 6 months or so.

I also bought a set of 4 EBL cells on the advice of some "vaping" guys. The jury is still out on that one but they look promising especially for the price.