Didn't Expect This Streamlight To Be So Useful

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
Originally, I was looking for something similar to the Black & Decker Snake-Light (from the nineties). The Snake Light has been updated, but only to 45 lumens. I was looking for something to wrap around my neck for hands-free walking at night. The 140 lumen Streamlight Jr Reach is surprisingly lite and useful. Wraps around me or my wife's neck easily & comfortably for nighttime walking. The floody beam lights up the area in front of you very well. Lay it down on something flat, and it can be pointed just about anywhere. Seems to be well-made and durable.

6qrz51ea8745dwa6g.jpg

b1g2ketu255zsup6g.jpg

streamlight3.JPG

Last edited:

MVR-Mike

Newly Enlightened
Can I ask where you got this light from? It looks like it would be super handy for me at work being that I work in dark electrical cabinets all the time. It wouldn't happen to have a magnet on it, would it?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Streamlight Stylus Pro Reach has a base you can clip it into that has a strong magnet, but it's not as bright as the Jr Reach (yet). Edit: the Jr has a similar magnetic base. End edit.

I see all kinds of 85 lumen Jr's with a search so I suppose the 145 version must be kinda new, but they're out there. Just be sure to include "145 lumen" in your search to ensure you don't get the older one in your search results.

Last edited:

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
MVR-Mike, this was purchased from Amazon HERE. Streamlight's listing is HERE. Note there are conflicting lumens ratings on the Amazon description (not uncommon). Photo on top shows 85 lumens, but product description confirms 140 lumens. There is no magnet on the flashlight itself, but comes with a magnetic clip holder - we currently use it on the fridge.

eo25qs4912jh4fl6g.jpg