Surefire C2 and E2e

ome02

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!, I got few questions about surefires. I tried searching for a little bit but i ddn't get the answer im looking for.

First, my C2 Centurion (inherited from my father) has a KL3 head. I've been searching other C2s out there but i havent seen them in a KL3 head. Was it an upgrade? Was it an option when buying? I have no idea if its LED or not--it dosent have LED markings on it. Is it an HA-III?? The KL3 is not bad but it sure does not compete with the available LED's out there.

I found this post about C2's but im not so sure which exactly is mine. http://flashlightguide.com/2013/06/fact-sheet-surefire-c2-centurion/

Second, the 6P and the executive elite e2e (found these treasures from Flea market sh
opping!! FOR $2 EACH!!!!! AAHHH!!!) has the serial numbers scratched out!! You guys think this is stolen?! why would they scratch it out?

Bonus: Help me pick a head for the E1b?! I bought it w/o the head.

Thank you all!

OqVb1z1.jpg

LyFpusG.jpg
[/IMG]
LewYa2T.jpg
[/IMG]
KwkxVLp.jpg
[/IMG]
KxjTWpI.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL3 on your C2-HA was a LED head which was available on it´s own to fit the C/P/Z Series. It was available in HA natural as well as black and several coloured LED options. Nowadays not practical at all due to it´s low output and inefficint LED.

The E1B body fits any E-Series head........ like that of your E2e for example.

ven

Flashaholic
I love the natural HA surefires, the C2 is a fav of mine. If you want something different , you could always get a z44 head(or z32..........M2) and have almost endless p60 options. There are also cryos cooling bezels if you want some more heat sinking for higher output p60's. Oveready have the HA triad tail caps in stock or last time i looked:)

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
omeo2,
I completely agree with Ven's suggestions. A Z44-HA for your C2 would open up a lot of possibilities. The Z32 offers certain shock-absorbing possibilities for incandescent lamp assemblies, but they are much less efficient at directing heat away from led drop-in modules (which can overheat, damaging the led). The 6P does not have as durable a finish as the C2, obviously, but it can do basically everything the C2 can do, and can take matching A19 single-CR123a extenders (if you can find them) to turn it into a 9P (or never-was 12P).
You can spend the rest of your life accessorizing these things (or looking for grail accesssories), but one thing you might want to consider is a stainless steel protective bezel ring. I used to think that these were simply bling, but one day I dropped my C3 off of the top shelf of my safe, it hit a door-thingy flange, and it put a distinctive deep dent in my Z44-HA bezel. It did not break the pyrex lens, or deform it enough to prevent my removing the plastic lens retaining ring and replacing it with an aftermarket stainless steel bezel ring, but it was close. The aluminum bezel is not flimsy, but it is more vulnerable to deformation-through-impact than we may realize. There was a time, when Surefire was riding high on lucrative Department of Defense contracts, when if your Surefire took a fall and the bezel got scrunched and the lens broke, you could place a call and leave a message, and you would get a completely new bezel assembly sent to you for free. No more. Surefire currently will only officially replace components if it is because your Surefire no longer functions. A dented bezel and broken lens do not officially qualify if the light still "works". Regarding the stainless steel "bezel ring": I have a Z2 that has been riding around in the inside pocket of a distressed-and-then-some leather jacket for several years. I do not angrily throw this jacket down, or beat it against trees. Last year (I think) I bought a couple of stainless steel bezel rings to outfit the last of my C/P/G/Z series Surefires without them. The bezel of my jacket-companion Z2 had deformed enough that I could get the plastic lens-retaining bezel ring out (it deformed very minimally during the unscrewing process), but the no-longer-concentric aluminum bezel would not allow me to screw in a much-more-rigid stainless steel protective bezel ring.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: P, then call me P, i will pay double $4:whistle:

Yes with bezel rings, i have one which i actually use in work thinking about it, with the older z44 like
WXPPO5tl.jpg

With the pressed in lens, touch wood! its been fine so far, all my others have bezel blings , i mean rings:)
Cryos wise and triad tail, here is a c2 with those
as1TFSul.jpg

Some 6p's with a few different flavours
nrsOYdOl.jpg

c2 with a zeno rg03 bezel ring
YXVZmU3l.jpg

Yes the shock bezel on the m2 does not really offer anything for my uses, being designed around the bulb. But i do like the head design, mine for now has a triple in, but the size with the shock absorber removed would be great for a larger(than typical p60) reflector.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

There was a time when the C2 and E2e could be bought in a gift set!

kelmo

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a time when the C2 and E2e could be bought in a gift set!

Yes! They came in a zippered, cushioned (round?) case. I think it was called the "Presidential" set and IIRC Ira Woods.com had them for around $100ish. Can't remember if they were BK or HA. Why, oh why, didn't I get one of those sets at that price?

Matt7337

Enlightened
:laughing: P, then call me P, i will pay double $4:whistle:

Yes with bezel rings, i have one which i actually use in work thinking about it, with the older z44 like

With the pressed in lens, touch wood! its been fine so far, all my others have bezel blings , i mean rings:)
Cryos wise and triad tail, here is a c2 with those

Some 6p's with a few different flavours

/image removed/

c2 with a zeno rg03 bezel ring

/image removed/

Yes the shock bezel on the m2 does not really offer anything for my uses, being designed around the bulb. But i do like the head design, mine for now has a triple in, but the size with the shock absorber removed would be great for a larger(than typical p60) reflector.

Some great looking Surefires there! I have spent what was left of this month's pay after the bills were sorted on Surefire lights, lego parts and upgrades. I plan on making a C2 with Torchlab triple and some Oveready accessories my go-to 18650 light once FiveMega gets his hands on it and bores it out for me. In the meantime I'll be putting the lego parts on one of the bored 6Ps that is on its way. The second one is for my brother's Christmas present.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Cool stuff Matt, lucky bro!

Most of mine are the standard body, one of the c2's is bored by precision works
as1TFSul.jpg

Few triple and quads
UmOL9xkl.jpg