Lights for Christmas Gift Ideas

Nephron44

Enlightened
Hello everyone!

My in-laws keep bugging me about what I want for Christmas, and I have no idea what to tell them.

I am looking for suggestions on any LED light that would be good to put on my Christmas list. I'm not looking for anything in particular, so my only rules are:

1. Under 200 USD
2. Readily available in stores or online BEFORE Christmas
3. Useful so I can actually enjoy it
4. Good warranty do I can enjoying worry free

What do you all think??

Thanks!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the in-laws are offering $200, then why not max it out? I'd suggest the Malkoff Hound Dog 18650 turnkey package. I have a number of flashlights, but this is still my favorite.

archimedes

Flashaholic
If the in-laws are offering $200, then why not max it out? I'd suggest the Malkoff Hound Dog 18650 turnkey package. I have a number of flashlights, but this is still my favorite.
Great torch, but maybe a bit less practical for general purposes ?

EDIT ... nothing wrong with getting both MD2 and MDC though :grin2:

Last edited:

Nephron44

Enlightened
Ditto, above. Or also take a look at Surefire's UM2.
I looked at the UM2 in the past, but passed it up because of the size. I found a picture of it next to a P2X Fury...it seems only a bit longer, but how is the diameter? And I notice it has a pocket clip...does it actually carry well in the pocket?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Yes, I EDC it just fine in my regular length cargo denim pants. I put it in the right thigh pocket w/ the clip grabbing onto the edge/seam of that pocket. The tailcap protrudes just enough to grab quickly and deploy if needed. It is at the upper limit of what I would EDC. I have a Peacekeeper too (about the same size as the Fury). And it is a little longer and the head is a little bigger too. And with the leftover money, you could invest in 16340s and a charger if you wanted. SF told me it'll handle the extra voltage fine.

Gaffle

Enlightened
I am ordering my wife and kids their own Armytek Partner C2 (warm). Tactical forward, easy UI, 18650, aw yeah. Cheap lights too. They will be brighter than my HDS, yet I'm not worried....

Nephron44

Enlightened
I am ordering my wife and kids their own Armytek Partner C2 (warm). Tactical forward, easy UI, 18650, aw yeah. Cheap lights too. They will be brighter than my HDS, yet I'm not worried....
Well, I do love Canada, but I don't like that I'd have to send it to Canada for repairs, which can get pricey for shipping and insurance, and customs can take forever both ways :/