Armytek Wizard USB Intermittent charging

jirik

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I bought this flashlight and I like it a lot. The only issue is the charging which seems strange sometimes... Even when the battery is under 4V, after connecting the charger plug (the tail cap unscrewed by 1/4 turn) it sometimes flashes between red and green light and I need to twist the plug a little or unplug few times to make it work. Also the charging current seems low, it is approximately 200mA. Does somebody here have the flashlight and can measure the charging current for me?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I bought this flashlight and I like it a lot. The only issue is the charging which seems strange sometimes... Even when the battery is under 4V, after connecting the charger plug (the tail cap unscrewed by 1/4 turn) it sometimes flashes between red and green light and I need to twist the plug a little or unplug few times to make it work. Also the charging current seems low, it is approximately 200mA. Does somebody here have the flashlight and can measure the charging current for me?

Others have reported this issue as well and they also complained about very low charging current that causes very long charge times. I think there may be an issue with the charging system on this light. I suggest you post this or ask a Mod to move this to the Armytek forum. You will likely get more answers there as well as some help from Armytek:thumbsup:.

jirik

Newly Enlightened
Others have reported this issue as well and they also complained about very low charging current that causes very long charge times. I think there may be an issue with the charging system on this light. I suggest you post this or ask a Mod to move this to the Armytek forum. You will likely get more answers there as well as some help from Armytek:thumbsup:.

Thanks. By "Armytek Forum" you mean the "Armytek Wizard/Pro Thread" thread?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Hello! The current is so low because your battery is not fully discharged. It is normal for such kind of situation. The same is for flashes between red and green light.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just charged the 2 batteries that came with my light over the past 24 hours. Both were shipped with 3.58v one took 7 hours (3100mah), the other 8 (3200mah). On the 2nd one I noticed it would be green one minute and red the next, but it didn't concern me, as I have some chargers that do that when they're nearing full charge and trickle mode kicks in.

The other reason it didn't concern me is I got it as a warranty replacement and I am so psyched I got this wonderful piece of technology pretty much for free. It's like leasing a car and having the dealer give you a new one when your lease is up