forward clicky convoy s2+

pennzy

Newly Enlightened
Can the Convoy S2+ be changed to a forward clicky by just changing the switch ? If so , how would it operate ? Lastly , anyone know which switch to use ? Thanks .

pennzy

Newly Enlightened

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am pretty sure this will fit in your S2+
I can check tonight, as I have this same host that is on my to-mod stack of projects.

*edit, I have reversed my description, so it should be proper. Thanks for catching that SaticX*
All clickys just turn on or off the power flow to the driver. The difference being if the momentary happens after the click, or before. All (stock) McClickys are forward, meaning that the momentary on happens as soon as you start pushing the light. With a reverse, you have to push until it clicks before you see light

One note, if you are going to buy this, do it today. RMM says he is closing down Mtn Elec for the rest of the week, starting tomorrow. Today is the last day he will ship until next Monday.

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am pretty sure this will fit in your S2+
I can check tonight, as I have this same host that is on my to-mod stack of projects.

All clickys just turn on or off the power flow to the driver. The difference being if the momentary happens after the click, or before. All (stock) McClickys are reverse, meaning that the momentary on happens as soon as you start pushing the light. With a forward, you have to push until it clicks before you see light

One note, if you are going to buy this, do it today. RMM says he is closing down Mtn Elec for the rest of the week, starting tomorrow. Today is the last day he will ship until next Monday.

*edit, I think this is correct, but as I read it I'm not 100% sure.
It is the reverse of how you said it. But the switchboard in a Convoy S2+ is extremely easy to switch around

pennzy

Newly Enlightened
It is the reverse of how you said it. But the switchboard in a Convoy S2+ is extremely easy to switch around

Richard from mtnelectronics has emailed me to say there is no direct switch replacement . He said " [FONT=&quot] The forward clicky switch is much longer than the reverse clicky switch so you usually have to change the shimming, sand the switch, and also modify the rubber push button to get enough clearance. " The first two things seem easy but the last one I am not sure what it would need . Anyone know how to modify the rubber push button ? [/FONT]

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good point. The stock Convoy switch (reverse clicky) is pretty short, and on a 16mm board.

0YKMbN.jpg

This image shows the stock tailcap guts. It has an 18mm washer (silver) and brass hold-down threaded ring. There's maybe 1/4" of vertical space to work with. I had not considered this, as I am using a LED4Power lighted tailcap assembly in my first ever Convoy build. You can see how tall the assembly is, it is taller than the stock switch height by a smidge, so the hold-down doesn't fully screw down. According to my multimeter, it works fine.

LBzRou.jpg