Windows 7 Full Screen Simplified Weather Forecast?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put together a little system with a thin client that brings a monitor out of standby and shows the phone number of the person who is calling in a giant font. After a minute or so, the monitor goes back to idle and the whole thing consumes very little power.

I would like to program the monitor to come out of idle and show a full screen, large font weather forecast with the temperature, humidity, and maybe a short description of the day's weather, nothing too complicated. My computer is running Windows 7 32-bit embedded, so anything that works on Windows 7 should work here as well.

The best representation of what I want is available for Linux and Windows 10, but, I can't find anything that will quite do what I want for Windows 7.

For example, Strawberry Weather is a nice, large weather application for Windows 10, as is The Weather Display for Linux.

The Weather Display is actually the perfect representation of what I want.

Since I use Ascendis Caller ID on that same little computer, I need to stick with Windows.

What do you guys think?

Is there any way to get to use darksky's API to make something under Windows 7 happen the same as in under Linux?

Or, does anybody know a way to get a Windows 10 application to function under Windows 7?

*scratches head*

Related Coolness:

More Windows 10 Weather Apps

Pi Kitchen Dashboard

MeteoLens

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I totally forgot I had a Dell Windows 10 tablet sitting here which I seldom use.

It's almost a shame to dedicate it 100% to weather/caller ID duty, but, I could always repurpose it for something else later.

The problem is that it absolutely refuses to download "Strawberry Weather" from the Microsoft Store.

Does anyone know of a way to download an application without going through the store?

I keep getting an error. :-(

EDIT: It appears from here and here that Windows 10 permits sideloading apps, so, if anyone has the ability to shoot me over Strawberry Weather, please send an email; it is in my signature. Thank you so much! :)

Last edited: