Eastshine T25/RT/25. No love?

DaYoop

Newly Enlightened
I have had several Eastshine lights for about a year now, one I edc (T25) for work. I work at a paper mill and in a primarily wet environment. I've dropped it on concrete countless times, submerged it in tanks of paper stock, and in general given this light a good run down on day to day heavy use and it just keeps going without a hiccup. Yet I see very little or no mention at all of this light anywhere other than a few Amazon reviews. What gives? On the negative side I do know it s made in china and they do not have a working website although it says www.eastshines.com on the box. I know it isnt a "top of the line" flashlight but for $50 this thing is a hell of a flashlight. It does seem to be a clone of nitecore/fenix lights to an extent.
Anyone else have any experience with Eastshine lights??

kingvox

Newly Enlightened
New user here. Owner of the Eastshine T25. It's my first real flashlight and I'm quite happy with it, and I was pretty surprised upon Googling to find that no one here has used or owned one.

I'll simply type out for all of you what the manual says, in bold font:

Specifications:

1. Max Output: 1,000 Lumens
2. Max Beam Distance: 320M / 350 Yards
3. Max Beam Intensity: 25,700 Cd
4. Max Run Time: 520 Hours/21.67 days on Low Level
5. LED: CREE XP-L HI V3
6. Reflector: SMO
7. Battery: 1x 18650, 2x CR123
8. Special Modes: Strobe
9: Beam Color: White Light
10. Length: 145mm / 5.56 inch
11: Head size: 25.4mm / 1 inch
12: Weight: 89g / 0.21 lb

Features:

1. Precision Digital Optics Technology provides extreme reflector performance
2. Side switch interface provides one-handed operation and easy access to all functions
3. Side switch features an indicator light which displays remaining battery power
4. Features advanced temperature regulation technology
5. Intelligent memory function stores preferred brightness setting
6. High-efficiency regulation circuit provides unwavering output
7. Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
8. Constructed from aero grade aluminum alloy with HAIII military grade hard-anodized finish
9. Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (two meters submersible)
10. Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
11. Stainless steel titanium-plated two-way clip included
12. Tail stand capability

Distance: 320m (max)
Intensity: 25700cd (max)
Impact resistance: 1.5m
Waterproof: IPX-8 underwater 2m

Settings:

High: 1,000 Lumens
Mid: 280 Lumens
Low: 60 Lumens
Moonlight: 1 Lumen
Strobe: 1,000 Lumens

It comes with an LED power indicator that is either green, red, or flashing red depending on battery charge status.

It also has a momentary switch, so if you partially depress the button without clicking it, the light will turn on until you stop pushing. Now finally, for my short review:

I've been clipping this to my "small pocket" on my jeans every single day. Very comfortable and non-obtrusive. I've already dropped it several times on hard asphalt, and while it dinged it up in a couple locations, everything still works perfectly.

I'm very happy with the performance. I most frequently use it on the Low setting of 60 Lumens, which is actually great to use as a room light at nighttime, which is possible due to the tail stand. It can fairly easily fall over, but if you're careful and have a nice, flat surface, it can tail stand. I imagine most flashlights are like this anyway where the tail stand is not super secure and a light tap could easily knock it over.

The 1,000 Lumen setting is very bright. The reason I wanted this setting was to use as a self-defense tool if needed. The Eastshine has a nice striking bezel that is very hard and could do a lot of damage if need be. The tactical ring that comes with it makes it even more comfortable to hold and gives a very, very solid and secure grip, especially for striking. The 1,000 Lumen setting would certainly temporarily blind someone at night, and if you're walking around bad areas, the memory setting guarantees you'll have the full 1,000 Lumens available on tap. Carrying it openly with the pocket clip ensures that you could draw this and blast someone in the face with 1,000 Lumens in very short order, if need be.

The Strobe setting is activated by holding down the side button that's used to select through the modes, instead of simply pressing it and releasing it. It's a little tricky to access quickly, and since it can't be saved via the memory function, it would be pretty awkward trying to activate the Strobe quickly. I don't see this as a real issue as I see Strobe as primarily an emergency signaling mode anyway. It would be nice if this light had an SOS or beacon mode, but with the built-in momentary switch, these can be replicated manually quite easily, if need be.

Fortunately, my use for this flashlight has been restricted to dog-walking late at night, wandering through the house late at night looking for things, providing an assist light for my dad or friends working on cars, or using it on the tail stand as a soft room light for nighttime. Very nice in all those applications.

It's been running just fine on the CR123 batteries I picked up at Wal-Mart, but I do have an Orbtronic protected 18650 battery on the way. I am really hoping it fits!

Anyway, as my first flashlight, I'm very pleased. I'm not an experienced collector/owner, but everyone I've shown the flashlight too was very impressed (and distraught) with the maximum output. It really kicks. But as I said earlier, 99% of the time I'm using this thing either on the 1 Lumen or 60 Lumen mode.

I do appreciate the 1 Lumen mode a whole lot. I was looking through some other flashlights and an ultra-low 1 Lumen setting is something not all of them have, but I think is very practical. Especially if you live with other people and want to look for things around the house at night without waking anyone up.

All in all, I am very pleased with this flashlight.

DaYoop

Newly Enlightened
Glad to hear you enjoy the light. I have both the t-25 and rt-25, both have been through hell due to my job and after 2 years they are still strong as ever. Was wanting to buy another rt-25 as Amazon had them for $42 but now I see they jacked the price up to $59, guess I can hold off and hope the price goes back down.