HELLA ValueFit 4SQ LED 2.0 Work Lamp

dleeallen

Newly Enlightened
Not exactly Automotive, so I apologize if this should be in a different forum. I'm in the market for led work lamps for my compact tractor. They will be mounted up high on the cab corners. I need front and rear facing, two each direction. To be used for night mowing, snow plowing/blowing, etc..

I've tried some cheap lights off Amazon and they worked ok, but didn't last long. They were 18w leds, 'spot' in the front and 'flood' in the rear. Under $20/pair. The price was nice but they quickly had moisture behind the lens. They were bright enough, but I would have liked more.

I would like to stay in the ~$50/pair range if possible. Maybe up to $100 if needed, but I know they are susceptible to damage so I hate to invest too much.

I've always liked Hella lamps and found their ValueFit line. The HELLA ValueFit 4SQ LED 2.0 Work Lamp looks interesting and available around $35ea. I haven't found much info about them though. Any one have experience with them? I assume the close range model would be most appropriate.

Any other tractor LED work lamp suggestions?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I'm seeing that same "street price" on those, and while I have no direct experience using them at night, I have handled them and I think they're likely to work and hold up better for you than the no-name junk.

dleeallen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your quick response Virgil. I'll likely give them a try as they seem like a low risk with a possible high value. I may save a few bucks and get the lower output version for the rear facing lamps.

irsa76

Newly Enlightened
It's hard to go past Hella products in general. Although in my experience their cheaper products are average performers, but still much better than no-name, and even some "name" brands.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to go past Hella products in general. Although in my experience their cheaper products are average performers, but still much better than no-name, and even some "name" brands.

Well, like pretty much every company out there there are going to be products that just aren't worth having, even at a lower price. Sometimes you have to skip even Hella. (For example, if they had a fire sale on "their" bulbs, just pass. No telling what those bulbs are. And their value-oriented "OptiLux" line isn't necessarily a great deal.)

dleeallen

Newly Enlightened
Update! I purchased two of the close range lamps. I was able to mount them on the front of my tractor. They are mounted up high on the cab corners. The mounting was more of a challenge than it should have been due to fairly large mounting bolts (10mm thread) that were bigger than the existing holes.

I haven't used the tractor with them yet, but I have turned them on with it parked. WOW they are bright. I'm very impressed with them, especially for the money. I have four more on my wish list now :)

sadtimes

Enlightened
Got a pic of them on at night? I've been looking for some LED fixtures for use around the pond at night, the cheap LED bar I put on the parent golf cart is a total let down (which I figured it would be)...

dleeallen

Newly Enlightened
I'll try to get some. I have to learn what seeing to use on the camera to get a good pic.

sadtimes

Enlightened
So, I remembered that I had purchased a pair of these

https://www.illumn.com/off-road-led...s/3-5-warm-round-led-light-pod-spot-beam.html

simply due to the price (or maybe I needed to add a little to the cart to get free shipping, I dont remember...)

I got off my rear and installed these last night, they do throw a nice a pattern, but if I had paid more for them I think I would have been disappointed. I haven't gotten to the pond yet to see how they actually perform (in the woods of course), I kinda wish they were flood instead of spot beams... oh well, at the price point they seem to do fine, lets see how they hold up in the elements.

In the mean time, where are the nite time shots of the OP lights?

dleeallen

Newly Enlightened
Oversize Pic 0
Oversize Pic 1

I took them the other night but forgot to post. Whoops! Just iPhone pics.

You can guess which pic has these lights on. Lol. For reference the barn is 24' wide and I'm parked right at the edge. The kids play structure is probably around 100'. I really like them. And the close beam is perfect for the slow speed tractor.

Last edited by a moderator:

sadtimes

Enlightened
Oversize Pic 0
Oversize Pic 1

I took them the other night but forgot to post. Whoops! Just iPhone pics.

You can guess which pic has these lights on. Lol. For reference the barn is 24' wide and I'm parked right at the edge. The kids play structure is probably around 100'. I really like them. And the close beam is perfect for the slow speed tractor.

Well I guess I know what will be in my next Amazon order... that looks great for what I need/want...