Help with my first mod(convoy s8)

oilgunner13

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to start making my own lights , I've only really ever used nitecores and Fenix. I plan on buying everything from MTN electronics. So far I've settled on the convoy s8 and was going to use the MTN driver but idk which led I want. The main use is going to be for hog hunting off my fourwheeler .I'd like to make it as throwy as possible and it will be in the woods and pastures so I figured the neutral white would be the best color.cost is no issue so id like to get the best components possible.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
C8 is a great place to start. For your LED I would choose an XPL-HI. Any of the 3 or 5 tint bins are good neutral bins.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

DFrost

Newly Enlightened
Im actually in the same boat. Im pretty much trying to get the best throw from a single 18650. From what ive found, i want an xhp 50 or xhp 70,and probably a half dozen to a dozen 7135 chips and try to come up with my own heatsink. I'm just trying to get best 18650 throw, regardless if it lasts only 5 minutes and gets super hot. I figure I'll learn by doing and readjust the calculation for voltage accordingly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LED Lenser BL 3-AAA, Nightcore P20UV, Nightcore EA21, Nightcore MH27UV, Armytek Doberman Pro XHP35, Streamlight Fire Vulcan

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to make it as throwy as possible and it will be in the woods and pastures so I figured the neutral white would be the best color.cost is no issue so id like to get the best components possible.
with such a small reflector do not expect any wonders. All the latest LEDs need reflectors larger than40mm to show considerable throw. Your best bet is the XP-L HI