Just ordered 2 black Fri. Fenix lights, Anyone have the TK47UE or the E35UE ?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Hey folks. I'm not a total flashlightholic yet, but I do have several Malkoffs and Fenixes, and have been wanting to expand my collection.

The best I currently have are a Hound Dog, and a Fenix PD35 TAC. They're both great, but I thought maybe a smaller pocket light, and a larger flood light would be interesting.

I just found great Blk. Fri. prices on the Fenix TK47UE, and the Fenix E35UE, and now just waiting for them to get here. I think that tail cap light on the 47 will have many uses, but I hope the plastic is durable enough to not get broken easily.

If anyone uses these lights, please let me know how you like them.

JT

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
Cool, I ordered a Fenix PD35TAC custom today with the black Friday special on their site.

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
I hope it will look like this since they have confusing pics of this special edition they are offering:

bf-2.jpg

..but then there's this which looks completely different and not so appealing:

cerakote-ad-2.jpg

Last edited:

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Yes, hard to tell from those photos, but I think the custom colors will look cool. Definitely a versatile light.

JT

kssmith

Enlightened
I have the TK47ue and I primarily use it for patrol. I love the output, beam, etc but In my opinion, this light would be better with either a more defined switch, or a tail switch to activate the main beam. The button can be hard to find in a hurry and not looking at it. Durable tho, I have yet to break it, and again, the output is amazing.

I was a little skeptical of the tail light, but I actually did use it camping, and it is a good tent light.

mikem65d

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on the new toys as my wife calls them........they never understand do they:duh2:

I just came back to the flashlite world and am amazed at what's out here. I bought the PD35 TAC too a week ago, and it started a whole new desire for lights.
I got the TK47UE on Frdiay and the TK75 2018 yesterday as a result of wanting more blaze LOL.
You will not be unhappy with the TK47UE. It is an amazing lite. Quality is 2nd to none in my book.
The tail light is very useful.
We played cards last nite with just the tail lite. really cool stuff here Fenix.

Loverofthelight

Newly Enlightened
Both PD35 TAC and TK47 UE are great. You won't be unsatisfied about them. There was a ture story sharing, one nearly blinded the security check when he accidentally activate his newly bought TK47 UE. :laughing:
So take care of the head light, while the tail light is very useful and durable. Congrats on your way to flashlightholic!:twothumbs

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I got the new lights and you guys are correct - the TK47UE is an amazing flashlight. I've never owned a light with that kind of power, and I still have to laugh a little when I hit turbo. It lights up the whole neighborhood around here. I like the size, the feel and the side switch. I think in a true "tactical" situation for LEO or military, a tail switch with momentary capability like the PD35Tac is most desirable, but for general purposes, I like being able to inspect a house or walk down the street and turn the light off and on, or scroll through the brightness levels, with just my thumb.

Yes, the tail light seems bright, useful, and built like a tank. Overall, this light was worth every penny, and there's not much I'd change about it.

Mike, how do you like the TK75? I've thought about that one also, but like to think I won't go bigger than that. Was it everything you expected?

JT

mikem65d

Newly Enlightened
JT
Yes the TK75 2018 is more than i expected. Really like it, but i don't think my neighbors that live at the end of the street ((1/4 mile):lolsign:
I'll not need anymore power than this.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Thanks mike, I'll likely get one too, but I think ven may be correct. I didn't "need" more than my 1000L lights, and now I don't "need" more than the 3200L, but yet I'm wanting the 5000L TK75. If you'd have told me 2 yrs ago that I was considering spending $200+ on a flashlight, I wouldn't have believed it.

Yes, it's fun though, but I'm hoping I'll stop at the TK75. With the power, size, and run times of today's lights that run on either 1 or 2 18650 batteries, it seems less cost effective & with cumbersome size/weight ratio to run and maintain 8, or even 4 battery lights, unless your job requires the need for that much power - or if you like to laugh when you light up a city block. Dang, 8 good batteries would be close to $150.

I'm sure I'll get larger lights that I don't really need, but what impresses me most as the technology advances is the power and runtimes available in small packages. I like having 1000 lumens in a one battery light clipped to my shirt pocket, with the ability to get amazing runtimes at lower settings, and can hold in my mouth if needed. Not bad. I worked for a lot of years with dim incan. bulky Mags, and it really wasn't that long ago.

JT

ven

Flashaholic
Its crazy JT that we got by just fine with a handful of lumens, i mean sub 50 here..................Now the thought of 50lm seems crazy, most want 1000lm minimum although most can get by easy enough with 200lm or less. The only thing with single cell and high output is heat, thats where larger lights come in and can kick out a few 1000lm for decent duration's. As long as fun is being had, who cares! :D

Taz80

Enlightened
I'm calling you out on this one ven, we didn't get by just fine with 50 lumens, we made do. Because nothing else in handheld, somewhat affordable, lighting was available. We or at least I was always wanting more. Which lead me to surefire, when I was able to afford them, and then to CPF. Back on topic, I have the TK47UE and think its a great light. It has become my favorite dog walking light. So much so that my other lights are beginning to feel left out.

mikem65d

Newly Enlightened
That old chestnut :D

I am sure we all say that, soon 5k becomes 10k becomes 15k................

:)

LOL....it is an addictive hobby is it not.
When i was last into flashlights i was collecting maglites. I have every AAA and AA color ever mad, and then went onto getting the most powerful LED conversion to which the TK47 exceeds on step 2.
Now i have been having a freaking blast with it and the TK75, but yes, i concede..............I have been looking at the Acebeam, but although impressed, think I'll wait for Fenix to come up with the next level even though Acebeam looks to be made in the same factory.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
The E35UE - Seems like a great light for the price. It was on sale super cheap, but I do like my similar sized PD35TAC a little better. The E35's two side switches are a little too close together, and it's easy to turn on strobe mode when you don't want to. I like the bigger single side switch setup on the TK47UE much better. The E35 is fairly small and sleek, and has better advertised runtimes than the PD35TAC, and settings are at lower levels comparatively. All are great lights, to me!

I also ordered the Fenix E15, and E05, for mouth lights, butthey're on back order. I'm really anxious to see the E15. I think it's going tobe a cool smaller light, and will be a new battery size for me.

JT

Last edited: