Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Not only is this my oldest led flashlight, it's been my most used and best tinted light that I've ever owned.

It's been getting used everyday, since I can remember. It sits on my dresser and gets turned-over to illuminate the bedroom, while I'm getting dressed each morning, without disturbing my wife.

So, what's your oldest led flashlight?

93933a40eaa938691b73da2692e8a2cc.jpg
08d482d7d53b97edde40c351990cc42d.jpg
08268fa37138eb0cc30ea92bd373a82e.jpg
8fe8729add3bc34480825308e52d686b.jpg
c36396146e6e40614cc6c024ae932479.jpg

jdboy

Enlightened
The oldest led flashlight I own would probably have to be my HDS 170 Golden Dragon. This light was build somewhere in the 2009-2010 timeframe.

:ohgeez: EDIT: I actually had forgotten about my original Inova X5. I think I got it around 2006 or 2007.

96aa65e303dddac47139038dce3652b8.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Good thread idea.

Not sure what years these are from:

IMG_20171125_101301.jpg

L to R:
A Brinkmann Long Life my father in law gave me for fixing his (brighter) 4C Maglite, a 65 lumen Pentagon L2 that has a suprisingly good beam, an early minimag LED, an early LED Lenser V2 triple (with a whopping 12 purple lumens), and a Pelican 2390 that also has a surprisingly good beam.

Not shown are the ARC aaa LE (nip), an nip 3 watt minimag, a 65 lumen SureFire G2L and an nip Coast/LED Lenser turbo torch with an amazing 50 lumen turbo.
The bykfixer museum has set out to acquire a few early production, trend setting LED lights from the days when a light bulb was brighter, yet LED lights were starting to show up in stores.
The LED Lenser V2 triple was my bedside table lamp for years. No idea where I got it, but when I arrived here it got retired in exchange for a Malkoff MD2 set on low then an Elzetta Alpha with a hi/lo switch that stayed on low. But I use the Pentagon and Pelican often.

Oh snap. I forgot about the Gen 1 Inovas... emmisive energy owned X1, X3 and X5... I have some early Nite Ize owned versions still nip as well. But my favorite is the 85 lumen X1. That's a goody.

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My oldest is a Photon Freedom Micro that I got when they first came out. Still going.

My oldest handheld light is a Malkoff Wildcat V1 or a Hound Dog V1. I can't remember which came out first.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Either my 70s circa Eveready Captain or Captain Jr. (3D, 2C). The PR6 (incan bulbs) burned out awhile back, so I bought some kind of Niteize led (~50 lumens) and replaced both.

Capolini

Banned
My first LED light was a "Minicree". That is what the seller called it. It is basically a SIPIK type zoomie.It cost about $7. I got it on 11.24.2012[yesterday was its anniversary!]

I still use it but not that much as I have progressed to better EDC's and numerous modified V54/OSTS search lights which I use on a daily basis.

It is modded now. It went from ~200 lumens to 600 lumens/75Kcd

SL2vn_001.jpg

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The oldest one I currently own in my Nitecore TM11 which I purchased in I believe 2013. I have owned Nitecore G2s and Steramlight Microstreams before that, but not the ones I currently own. I seem to have gone through a phase where several of my lights have run away from home, and I was forced to buy replacements.
If you want to go by age of the light itself, I have an original incan Surefire G2 and 6C that I have upgraded to multi-mode LED drop-ins. I got both of them on Ebay in their original packaging a couple of years ago.

Scourie

Enlightened
Inova x5, probably 2004 vintage or thereabouts. I think it still has a pair of old Panasonics in, and still works!

Oh, and I still have a Fenix P1D with Leef clicky, and a P3D with the rebel.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
CMG Infinity (red LED) I think. The Infinity and INOVA X1 were the first LED lights I purchased. I had to convince myself to buy them at the time as the LEDs were not replaceable like bulbs and I feared they would fail! lol

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Fenix p1d. God I remember getting this in 2006? I think. At the time it was being held as being better then sliced bread! And it was. Someone on here did a comparison between that an a surefire 9p and the Fenix killed it.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
An even older version of this:

http://www.ledmuseum.net/asp.htm

The one I have is red and the coin cell batteries are sealed inside the light, when they go dead you could send it back to ASP and they would change the batteries (or replace the light?).....funny thing is I still have it somewhere and last time I checked it still works with the original batteries (obviously newer used it all that much in recent years after I replaced it with a photon on my keyring when the Photons first came out).

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The oldest LED light I own is this Arc LSH-P circa 2002 or '03.

XOtWqGU.jpg

I haven't had it that long though, I bought it second-hand. The LED light I've personally owned the longest is probably this one that came in the glovebox of my '08 BMW. These were made by LED Lenser in Germany. Its not a very good light, but I kept it anyway when I sold the car :)

aWD2wfV.jpg

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
My oldest LED flashlight is a red LED keychain light. I forget the manufacturer. Maybe it was Tekna. It has a cylindrical plastic body with a titanium sleeve. The keychain mount comes out the back center of the light. Twisting the keychain mount turns the light on. It's powered by 3 button-cell batteries. Light source is a single 10mm red LED. When turned on, the light produces a very dim red beam. Beam pattern is pretty ugly. It consists of a square surrounded by a circle with no spill.

The illumination is so weak its best use is illuminating a keyhole in a door, though the beam pattern is narrow enough to project maybe 15'. Not sure of the total output, but my guess is a few lumens.

I got this light in 1989 or 1990. Back then white LED lights didn't exist. Even this red LED light was unique. This light also predates all the tiny plastic keychain LED lights with 5mm LEDs.

I still have this light and it still works.

Last edited:

nightshade

Enlightened
My oldest LED flashlight is a red LED keychain light. I forget the manufacturer. Maybe it was Tekna. It has a cylindrical plastic body with a titanium sleeve. The keychain mount comes out the back center of the light. Twisting the keychain mount turns the light on. It's powered by 3 button-cell batteries. Light source is a single 10mm red LED. When turned on, the light produces a very dim red beam. Beam pattern is pretty ugly. It consists of a square surrounded by a circle with no spill.

The illumination is so weak its best use is illuminating a keyhole in a door, though the beam pattern is narrow enough to project maybe 15'. Not sure of the total output, but my guess is a few lumens.

I got this light in 1989 or 1990. Back then white LED lights didn't exist. Even this red LED light was unique. This light also predates all the tiny plastic keychain LED lights with 5mm LEDs.

I still have this light and it still works.

I believe you are right about the maker .That sounds spot on for the Tekna Night Eye.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?75936-old-Tekna-Night-Eye-LED-keychain

Latest posts